Aug 25 at Trinity
Sep 1 - OPEN
Sep 8 vs. Tates Creek
Sep 15 at Corbin
Sep 22 - OPEN
Sep 29 - OPEN
Oct 6 vs. Madison Central (District)
Oct 13 at Bryan Station (District)
Oct 20 vs. George Rogers Clark (District)
Oct 27 vs. Boyle County

Serious hype here. Not sure if AD Jeremy Dulaney has an SID on staff, but if there is one, give them a raise. Nobody in the Bluegrass markets their team like Douglass.

Screenshot_20230223-140136__01.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/27/2023 at 7:01 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Frederick Douglass - 2023 Schedule

Aug 19 at Archbishop Hoban (OH)
Aug 25 at Trinity
Sep 1 - OPEN
Sep 8 vs. Tates Creek
Sep 15 at Corbin
Sep 22 - OPEN
Sep 29 - OPEN
Oct 6 vs. Madison Central (District)
Oct 13 at Bryan Station (District)
Oct 20 vs. George Rogers Clark (District)
Oct 27 vs. Boyle County

For one open date on Sept. 22 the Broncos will be hosting at “The Farm” Indiana power Cathedral  of Indianapolis who have won 5 state titles in the last 10 years. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

For one open date on Sept. 22 the Broncos will be hosting at “The Farm” Indiana power Cathedral  of Indianapolis who have won 5 state titles in the last 10 years. 

Pardon me g-man, I gotta borrow this ...

On 2/23/2023 at 2:22 PM, theguru said:

Big Time!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

Does KHSAA require 10 regular season games? I'm certain Boyle is the season finale for FDHS, and it appears they only have 9 games scheduled. 

Unless the KHSAA changed "something" for next season, there is no 10 game regular season requirement. 

Pikeville only played 9 last year. I believe there are other teams that played fewer than 10 too. 

Another team may be added. Has FD finished their "reveal" @16thBBall Fan?

26 minutes ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

Does KHSAA require 10 regular season games? I'm certain Boyle is the season finale for FDHS, and it appears they only have 9 games scheduled. 

I was wondering the same thing. Coach McPeek told the players a while back they might not be able to find 10 teams to play them. With that schedule two open weeks might not be a bad idea lol. 

Yes as of know they are only going to play 9 games. There is no rule requiring you to play 10 games. While only playing 9 games I think even those out there that are not big Frederick Douglass fans will have to admit it is a pretty tough schedule. I think the coaches and administration at Douglass have done a very good job since the restrictions that had been placed on them for their first 6 years by the FCPS. Their two scrimmages this year is against South Oldham and 6A power St. X who they scrimmaged last season as well.

They are playing two big time programs from Ohio and Indiana. They will play Akron Hoban to open the season, which is a 300 mile trip one way. They were ranked #57 nationally last season and have won 4 state titles in their class in the last 10 years and I believe lost in the finals in two others. The game is being played at Paul Brown Tiger Stadium in Massillon, OH. Their 2nd game is also on the road to play Trinity at Marshall Stadium everyone knows that Trinity is in the hunt almost every season and have won 4 of the last 10 6A titles in Kentucky. The 3rd game of the season should be a little bit of a breather especially after their first two games. They will have their first home game vs. Tates Creek. I personally give Tates Creek credit FD offered to continue to play any of the other 4 Lexington schools who wanted to play since they are in the same district as Bryan Station and Tates Creek was the only one of those 4 who still wanted to play. Their 4th game of the season is on the road again to Corbin a state power year in and year out who lost to Boyle in last years 4A title game. The 5th game is a home game against Indiana powerhouse Cathedral Indianapolis they have won 5 state titles in the last 10 years. I also know in 2019 when Trinity won the 6A state title they defeated Trinity 28-7 that year.

The next part of the season the Broncos begin district with a home game vs. Madison Central for their 6th game. The 7th game is a 3 mile road game against Bryan Station which should be for the district title and also a chance to stop the Broncos undefeated streak vs all schools in Lexington public or private. The Defenders made it to the 6A semifinals last season. The 8th and final district game will be a home game vs George Rogers Clark. This should be a game that the Broncos should win. Unless another game is added which I don't think will happen Frederick Douglass will close out the regular season on Oct. 27 with a home game against 4A super power Boyle Co. I'm very glad to see these two great programs continue to play each other after their first two year contract. I think this is by far the best schedule that the Broncos have had in the previous 6 years as a program.

In closing I feel that now that Douglass has moved to 6A I know playing only 9 games with two of those being against out of state teams will hurt their RPI, but you have trouble finding teams to play in Kentucky you have no choice but to go to other states. In 5A with the competitiveness of the class RPI was important but I feel in 6A it is not as big as an issue because before the season ever starts you know you are going to have to beat ST. X, Male, or Trinity and probably two out of those three no matter what the RPI says, just go back and look at some of Trinity's RPI numbers. Best of luck to the Broncos and kudos to the coaches and administration on this upcoming schedule. Go Broncos!!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Here is the other games of this showcase in August. 

D2A5A34C-B5A3-4F36-A58D-DEADA2154C1B.jpeg

I’m really looking forward to going up for this! It’s going to be a great weekend of football. Plus between the St X scrimmage and this, we’ll find out where FDHS stands pretty quick. 

• Like 2