2023 Frederick Douglass Broncos

1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

With FCPS dropping their rule about all high schools having to play each other Frederick Douglass is having trouble finding games. As of now besides their 3 district games with Madison Central, GRC, and Bryan Station the only FCPS that is going to play is Tates Creek the other 3 said no as did Scott Co. The Broncos have scheduled Boyle Co. again this year and have added Trinity as well. Also they are again going to scrimmage St. X again next year. They are still needing 4 games have sent out emails I know to Cov. Cath., Highlands, and I believe also Male, but haven’t heard anything yet 

Mmmm, some tasty Harbin points. 

Paging the GCL. Will Elder, Moeller, Cin. St. Xavier, or LaSalle, please pick up the white courtesy phone.

Just now, Runcible Owl said:

Mmmm, some tasty Harbin points. 

Paging the GCL. Will Elder, Moeller, Cin. St. Xavier, or LaSalle, please pick up the white courtesy phone.

If I was FD I would call the weaker ones first.  Now figuring that out from year to year may be tough.

Could everyone imagine if FD scrimmaged X, played Trinity, played Boyle, played Elder, and played another tough out of state team.  Wow.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2023 at 7:01 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Frederick Douglass - 2023 Schedule

Aug 19 at Archbishop Hoban (OH)
Aug 25 at Trinity
Sep 1 - OPEN
Sep 8 vs. Tates Creek
Sep 15 at Corbin
Sep 22 - OPEN
Sep 29 - OPEN
Oct 6 vs. Madison Central (District)
Oct 13 at Bryan Station (District)
Oct 20 vs. George Rogers Clark (District)
Oct 27 vs. Boyle County

💥 Season opener with Archbishop Hoban will be played at Massillon's Paul Brown Stadium. 

Screenshot_20230131-175816__01.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like Archbishop Hoban (OH) was 14-2 last year with a loss to St. Edwards (OH) and a 28 to 21 loss to Toledo Central Catholic (OH) in the DII State Championship game.  In 2021 they were 12-4 and lost to Winton Woods (OH) 21 to 10 in the DII State Championship game.  In 2020 they ran away with the DII State Championship. 

However you look at it Hoban is good and this is a great game for Douglass.

@newarkcatholicfan what can you tell us about Hoban?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Looks like Archbishop Hoban (OH) was 14-2 last year with a loss to St. Edwards (OH) and a 28 to 21 loss to Toledo Central Catholic (OH) in the DII State Championship game.  In 2021 they were 12-4 and lost to Winton Woods (OH) 21 to 10 in the DII State Championship game.  In 2020 they ran away with the DII State Championship. 

However you look at it Hoban is good and this is a great game for Douglass.

@newarkcatholicfan what can you tell us about Hoban?

They will be loaded again this season and from what I have heard a serious threat to win the title.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Northeast Ohio Classic is a 4 game event. St. Ed's, Glenville, and Massillon are playing out of state teams as well. Massillon (1st all time in high school wins) is paired with Valdosta (GA) (fourth all time in high school wins). That would be a great game to watch.

• Like 2