Michael Mayer 2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Would love to see him play for the Bengals, but I don't think he's going to last that long. Would be a perfect fit long-term in between Chase and Higgins, especially on a cheap rookie deal when those two and Burrow are about to get paid. Great player that I think is more valuable today with his blocking ability vs all the 2 high defenses in the NFL than maybe a couple years ago. 

1 hour ago, CCHFC said:

Would love to see him play for the Bengals, but I don't think he's going to last that long. Would be a perfect fit long-term in between Chase and Higgins, especially on a cheap rookie deal when those two and Burrow are about to get paid. Great player that I think is more valuable today with his blocking ability vs all the 2 high defenses in the NFL than maybe a couple years ago. 

You can usually get a decent TE in free agency pretty cheap every year (Hurst) so I don't think the Bengals would spend a 1st round pick on him unless he tumbled down the draft board. I'd love to see him on our team though. I'm a little concerned that he'll end up in a place like Pittsburgh.

1 hour ago, burreaux said:

You can usually get a decent TE in free agency pretty cheap every year (Hurst) so I don't think the Bengals would spend a 1st round pick on him unless he tumbled down the draft board. I'd love to see him on our team though. I'm a little concerned that he'll end up in a place like Pittsburgh.

You’re no doubt correct. As long as Joe, Jamarr and Tee are healthy we are going to have a top 8 offense at least. We can plug a guy like Hayden in there and be fine.

I think looking at Mike, there aren’t any 265 lb TE’s in the league right now that can line up as an inline Y or split out and win with quickness, size and route running vs man coverage. Combine that with his after the catch play strength and blocking ability and I think there is a chance he ends up a multiple time first team all pro TE. I just hope he ends up in a good situation with a good QB. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CCHFC said:

You’re no doubt correct. As long as Joe, Jamarr and Tee are healthy we are going to have a top 8 offense at least. We can plug a guy like Hayden in there and be fine.

I think looking at Mike, there aren’t any 265 lb TE’s in the league right now that can line up as an inline Y or split out and win with quickness, size and route running vs man coverage. Combine that with his after the catch play strength and blocking ability and I think there is a chance he ends up a multiple time first team all pro TE. I just hope he ends up in a good situation with a good QB. 

Me too, I want what is best for Mike.  Just please don't beat the Bengals, that will be a tough one but I will still be happy for him. 

56 minutes ago, theguru said:

Me too, I want what is best for Mike.  Just please don't beat the Bengals, that will be a tough one but I will still be happy for him. 

I'm thinking a good NFC West team like the Seahawks, I think we get them at home next year. This was we can see him in Cincy and then he can't kill us year in and year out.

7 minutes ago, burreaux said:

I'm thinking a good NFC West team like the Seahawks, I think we get them at home next year. This was we can see him in Cincy and then he can't kill us year in and year out.

1 hour ago, theguru said:

.... because everyone knows that the Bengals can't cover a tight end!

• Like 1