Severe weather possible to start next week

nWo

We could be looking at a couple of days of severe weather to start next week. I don't think the possible severe weather will reach Kentucky until Tuesday. I was a little surprised this afternoon when I was checking about the possible storms this afternoon that the Storm Prediction Center has issued a day 7 15% chance for strong to severe storms on Monday. This is important because the Storm Prediction Center wouldn't issue this if they weren't expecting a good possibility of severe storms that far in advance. While it doesn't include Kentucky on Monday we could see strong to severe storms on Tuesday.

day7prob.gif.16c7380ec91733bdb4109380f560f631.gif

The GFS shows possible strong to severe storms reaching Kentucky on Tuesday. I will be watching this closely.

floop-gfs-2022120618.ehi03.us_ov.thumb.gif.cb64dde72b50b15ad80e972dcaf8abab.gif

I'm up this morning looking over the latest modeling data. First, let me say this may not happen but, this could be a significant severe weather event. Also, this is coming just after the first anniversary of the tornado outbreak last December. I don't want anyone to be scared, just be prepared. I will try and update you sometime later today. Also, each day until we get to the possible event time frame.

This appears that this event could be a significant severe weather outbreak on Tuesday. The Storm Prediction Center has increased the risk level to 30% in the  day six outlook. This is really significant. They are already saying that there is a moderate risk for severe storms for portions of the lower Mississippi Valley. The 15% risk has move closer to western Kentucky.  This is a developing situation and those in western and south central Kentucky should really start paying attention to the later outlooks. 

day6prob.gif.c24b52555e7c91039842d581260ee379.gif

Just to give everyone an update. The severe threat for Kentucky has diminished. So I'm not foreseeing any organized severe weather for the state. We could still see some thunderstorms which could produce some heavy rain.

Tuesday

KY_Day2.png.be069c40445016fecb47502f88cd1b16.png

WednesdayKY_Day3.png.4d92555385c9c1cf6367d852ad4d0c85.png

• Thanks 2