Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 73 Michigan 69

Featured Replies

Final a good hard fought win for the Cats! Free throw shooting was terrible today especially down the stretch. 

Pretty good win.  Cats really needed it.

Only watched the second half, but I can't understand why Michigan zoned.

A bit of an ugly win at times.  I think Calipari actually out coached Howard today which was a nice change of pace.  UK executed on an inbounds play AND a set play out of a timeout, it was so nice to see. 

1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Final a good hard fought win for the Cats! Free throw shooting was terrible today especially down the stretch. 

Has Cal ever had a good FT shooting team?  Even his teams at UMass and Memphis were iffy at the line.

1 minute ago, The Raven said:

Has Cal ever had a good FT shooting team?  Even his teams at UMass and Memphis were iffy at the line.

Wasn’t the team that’s season ended because of Covid almost 80% and like third in the nation?

Good win.  I'd like to see them quit going under those screens at the top of the key, and hit their free throws.  But they made the big plays down the stretch that they needed to make.  

1 hour ago, The Raven said:

Has Cal ever had a good FT shooting team?  Even his teams at UMass and Memphis were iffy at the line.

Cal's last 4 teams at UK from the free throw line:

21-22 72.6%

20-21 72.9%

19-20 79.7%

18-19 73.9%

 

I’m saying an overall team FT% should be 80% or higher. Yes I know I’m asking for to much. No reason your point guard should be lower than 80% though: 

59 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

I’m saying an overall team FT% should be 80% or higher. Yes I know I’m asking for to much. No reason your point guard should be lower than 80% though: 

While that would be great as a team, only 11 of the 371 Division 1 teams have a FT% of 80% or better this season. Last season 3 teams out of 358 shot 80% from the line as a team. 

Wayne Turner was a 50/50 free throw shooter. He had a great assist to turnover ratio and also led 3 teams to the national championship game. Free throws are somewhat overrated, especially if you take care of business before they "matter".

1 hour ago, Breds82 said:

I’m saying an overall team FT% should be 80% or higher. Yes I know I’m asking for to much. No reason your point guard should be lower than 80% though: 

Remember thinking Wheeler was a good FT shooter last year.  Looked it up cause I was curious, he shot 78% from FT last year.  73% so far this year.

I didn't get to watch the game yet cause I was down at Paycor before it started.  Happy that they won and will probably watch the game tomorrow night.

Interesting to me, looking at the box score that CJ Frederick only played 15 mins.  I'm sure I'll see when I watch, but if he was healthy the whole game, maybe Calipari realized, he is better used in a supportive role.

1 hour ago, Breds82 said:

I’m saying an overall team FT% should be 80% or higher. Yes I know I’m asking for too much.

 

48 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

While that would be great as a team, only 11 of the 371 Division 1 teams have a FT% of 80% or better this season. Last season 3 teams out of 358 shot 80% from the line as a team. 

Only eight teams at this moment are currently over 80% (Miami [OH], Weber State, Coastal Carolina, Villanova, Illinois State, Notre Dame, Tulane, Montana). They have a combined record of 29-35. Obviously everyone wants their team to make free throws. However, an tossing out an arbitrary percentage doesn't guarantee victory - the statistics say in fact it is at best 50/50.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-men/d1/current/team/150

Since we are talking free throws, I feel like in HS, our goal was to shoot 70% as a team, if I remember right.

80% would be amazing.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.