Male 24 Ballard 20

Tigerpride94

2 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

I could almost literally cry for Ballard.  It's really nothing against Male, but they've been there, they're used to it, they've gotten that joy.  Ballard hasn't been to a title game in 38 years.  And all they had to do was not do what they did....

My first thought was how long will it be before Ballard gets that close again?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

My first thought was how long will it be before Ballard gets that close again?

No telling - could be another 38 years. I think they've only won one region title in all that time before this year? And that state semi wasn't close in 2014.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bac2369 said:

Why not take a knee?

They were on the 1-yard line, maybe even the half yard line.  Taking a knee probably means taking a safety.  I'm sure if they knew what was going to happen they'd have done that, but basically execute the equivalent of a QB sneak and the game is absolutely over.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

They were on the 1-yard line, maybe even the half yard line.  Taking a knee probably means taking a safety.  I'm sure if they knew what was going to happen they'd have done that, but basically execute the equivalent of a QB sneak and the game is absolutely over.

Exactly. Take it and dive straight forward. 

2 minutes ago, Bac2369 said:

Exactly. Take it and dive straight forward. 

I think that's what they were trying to do.  The only video I've seen picks up after they already fumbled - I'm guessing something happened on the exchange and it somehow got past the line, which was worst case scenario.