Boyle County 41 Lexington Catholic 21

WestDanville

OMG it was cold tonight!  Loved every second of it.  Boyle's Bodner had right at 40 rushes tonight and was a wrecking ball in the second half running the ball.  Dawson looked sharp after the interception on the first series.  Quisenberry was well his self tonight.  Kicking game looked good.  I believe this was the first time we had Hardwick, Bodner, and Dawson all together this season.  Great Win Rebels! 

B18F2DF4-2F6E-4172-B7D1-8214952EFBE7.thumb.jpeg.5e339decde6fba493af99a6de0f63f80.jpeg  

• Like 2

Boyle 

Plays 74 465 yards 

Rushing 64 - 342 yards 3 TDs

Passing 4-10 123 yards 1TD 1 Int 

1st downs 21 

3rd down conversions. 4/8

4th down conversions 1/2

Penalties 5-50 yards  

Red Zone 5/5

Bodner 39 rushes 189 yards 3 TDS

Quisenberry 12 rushes 104 yards 

Dawson 9 rushes 66 yards 

Quisenberry 3 rec. 105 yards 1 TD

Tarter 1 rec. 18 yards 1 TD

• Thanks 2

Lexington Catholic was in the game when Boyle County made a field goal to go up 27-14. But a few unfortunate errors happen and Boyle County made them pay. Catholic got a few first downs the next possession but fumbled the ball. Boyle County drives down to score making it 34-14. Boyle County then kicks a gutsy onside kick and recovers. Rebels then drive down to score again making it 41-14. Ballgame. 

I don’t think Boyle did a onside kick.  The kicker was kicking it hard on the ground and it hit the front lineman and bounced back towards Boyle and they recovered it.  Almost happened again but the lineman dodge the ball.  

1 hour ago, Paul Dean said:

The better team did not win the first meeting…it did tonight.

One of those games this evening where Lexington Catholic was in the game for about three quarters, but you never really felt like they were even a marginal threat to actually win.

• Like 2

I will say this: Lexington Catholic's defense held Boyle County to a field goal late in the second quarter to make the margin 17-7. There's about two minutes left and Boyle had two timeouts left; Catholic will receive the second half kickoff. If you're Catholic, you'd like to get a first down, maybe break something, but you can't give up more points. What do they do? Run two deep passes that fall incomplete and then a halfback dive (they couldn't run the ball all night). Boyle takes a timeout, gets a good punt return, scores with ten seconds on the clock - score is 24-7 at halftime and it was all but academic.

I don't think Catholic was every winning this game but their decision making in that stretch sealed their fate.

2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

It's tough to beat Boyle County once in a season, much less twice. Congratulations to the Rebels on the win!

Great first season for Coach Bathiany as skipper for the Knights!

Multiple people tell me he’ll be Highlands next coach. The sooner the better imo. 

• Like 1