Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com 9th Region Boys Basketball Preview

Featured Replies

2 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

It's possible, sometimes the view is clearer from afar.

Enlighten the rest of us, what is the view?  Sometimes people don't like the view so they create their own version of the view.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It’s ok but not sure how Cooper’s Yamil Rondon doesn’t make any mention whatsoever. His play will speak for itself. Cooper will be a force for with the addition of Pouncy.  it will all shake itself

  • Great job on the preseason top 10 and teams and players @B-Ball-fan.  This is by no means supposed to be accurate.  There's not a person alive qualified to do this sight unseen before a game is even p

  • Baseball Nut 24
    Baseball Nut 24

    B-Ball fan - great job with the breakdown. I think the 9th region is more open this year than it's been in several years. Cov Cath will always be good. Lloyd is rising. Cooper will be right there in t

  • Author

How sports enthusiasts typically go instantly to competitive speak has always amused, as it has perplexed me. I suppose that I too on occasion have done it, but I don't think that I typically gravitate to it in my love of the game. But hey, too each their own, I suppose that When in Rome, most will do as the Romans do.

By all means though, please do keep us in the know with anything reletive to the happenings of the 9th Region. At the end of the day, the more details we know, the more we all enjoy the whole shebang. 

3 hours ago, Instride said:

A dig without digging.

I actually wasn't intending to take a dig....at Matty...in the least.  If it came across that way, I apologize.  He is a world-class soccer player, and a very polite and sharp young man.  

I was absolutely taking a dig at HC's disinterest or inability to use Sam around the low block, so if that is what you were calling out, guilty as charged.

I actually think Holy Cross will be much better than 6th in the 9th, for what its worth. 

6 hours ago, Instride said:

Enlighten the rest of us, what is the view?  Sometimes people don't like the view so they create their own version of the view.

Just stating that sometime a different set of eyes will have a different view.  When you view a glass half full of water, what do you see?  Is the glass half full or half empty?

You all lost me at 3 paragraphs about a St Cecily soccer player and railroad tracks.  I came here interested in hoops.    

Went to watch a close friends son play for Walton today up at Mt. Healthy high school. I stayed to watch the game following Waltons, which was Newport vs Withrow. They are young but boy we’re they fun to watch. The amount of playmakers and talent there is incredible. They will shock some people and teams this year in the 9th, the game felt like a regional championship and the gym was rocking the whole game. If I had to guess that scrimmage was a scrimmage the coaches were looking for.

I'll nominate Kascyl McGillis for name of the year in the 9th. With a name like that, you don't need a nickname...

Great job on the preseason top 10 and teams and players @B-Ball-fan.  This is by no means supposed to be accurate.  There's not a person alive qualified to do this sight unseen before a game is even played.  This thread is supposed to get the discussion going and you've done a great job in doing that.  Let me refer to the NCAA Football preseason top 10.   Clemson, Notre Dame and Texas A&M were ranked 4, 5 and 6.  They are now 9, 18 and Unranked.  These are experts from AP.  There will be surprise teams moving up and moving down.  Kids will come out of nowhere and not show up.  I agree CCH is #1 until they prove they aren't.  But I know one thing, this region is full of coaches that can coach their butts off and when they win it's never a shock.  Let's go!!!

  • Author
17 minutes ago, 859Radio said:

Great job on the preseason top 10 and teams and players @B-Ball-fan.  This is by no means supposed to be accurate.  There's not a person alive qualified to do this sight unseen before a game is even played.  This thread is supposed to get the discussion going and you've done a great job in doing that.  Let me refer to the NCAA Football preseason top 10.   Clemson, Notre Dame and Texas A&M were ranked 4, 5 and 6.  They are now 9, 18 and Unranked.  These are experts from AP.  There will be surprise teams moving up and moving down.  Kids will come out of nowhere and not show up.  I agree CCH is #1 until they prove they aren't.  But I know one thing, this region is full of coaches that can coach their butts off and when they win it's never a shock.  Let's go!!!

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words, and BTW I am qualified, and 100% correct with my pre-season rankings. Just kidding. At this point, it’s merely a crapshoot, and I’m doing a lot of guessing. ?

46 minutes ago, 859Radio said:

Great job on the preseason top 10 and teams and players @B-Ball-fan.  This is by no means supposed to be accurate.  There's not a person alive qualified to do this sight unseen before a game is even played.  This thread is supposed to get the discussion going and you've done a great job in doing that.  Let me refer to the NCAA Football preseason top 10.   Clemson, Notre Dame and Texas A&M were ranked 4, 5 and 6.  They are now 9, 18 and Unranked.  These are experts from AP.  There will be surprise teams moving up and moving down.  Kids will come out of nowhere and not show up.  I agree CCH is #1 until they prove they aren't.  But I know one thing, this region is full of coaches that can coach their butts off and when they win it's never a shock.  Let's go!!!

I will take B-Ball-fan over the AP. 

  • Author
3 minutes ago, theguru said:

I will take B-Ball-fan over the AP. 

Thanks for your vote of confidence!

16 hours ago, Basketball Jones said:

I'll nominate Kascyl McGillis for name of the year in the 9th. With a name like that, you don't need a nickname...

I concur with Kascyl having the name of the year. His brother Athens McGillis who is a Freshman for Cov Cath and should be a major contributor for them this year, might be the name of the year runner up. 

I will say that this is probably St. Henry’s last chance to make some noise in NKY for quite awhile. After this year, the talent drops substantially for them. 

On 11/14/2022 at 9:12 AM, Shotwhisperer75 said:

I concur with Kascyl having the name of the year. His brother Athens McGillis who is a Freshman for Cov Cath and should be a major contributor for them this year, might be the name of the year runner up. 

He is another reason why the CCH being not as good thing is just wild to me, they reload every single year. Their program is at a different gear/level, it’ll always be a players game. You can’t win without dudes, but they have some dudes coming up to replace what they lost. Bradshaw and the younger McGillis will be the best young duo in the region after for years to come. They play big time AAU and do it very well. And this year you better really sit down and guard cause there will be shooters everywhere, and if Evan isn’t scoring he will find them. I think they could be better, offense won’t be as stagnant. You have a lot more shooting and scoring threats from downsizing, on top of being able to guard better.

5 hours ago, GoBucks97 said:

He is another reason why the CCH being not as good thing is just wild to me, they reload every single year. Their program is at a different gear/level, it’ll always be a players game. You can’t win without dudes, but they have some dudes coming up to replace what they lost. Bradshaw and the younger McGillis will be the best young duo in the region after for years to come. They play big time AAU and do it very well. And this year you better really sit down and guard cause there will be shooters everywhere, and if Evan isn’t scoring he will find them. I think they could be better, offense won’t be as stagnant. You have a lot more shooting and scoring threats from downsizing, on top of being able to guard better.

They lost 2 D1 athletes.  They will be different, not sure if they are better.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.