Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com 9th Region Boys Basketball Preview

Featured Replies

Courier Journal's Top 25 State Rankings -

Team                                          Region            2021-22 record

1. George Rogers Clark (65)         10th                      37-1

Three starters back for defending champs, led by Jerone Morton

2. Warren Central (23)                 4th                       29-4

Dragons return four starters from state runner-up squad

3. Trinity (15)                                 7th                     17-16

Rocks added two key newcomers in Drae Vasser, Jayden Johnson

4. North Laurel (3)                        13th                    28-6

Kentucky signee Reed Sheppard appears to be a lock for Mr. Basketball

5. Covington Catholic (3)              9th                     30-5

Point guard Evan Ipsaro (Miami, Ohio signee) makes Colonels go

6. Male (1)                                      7th                     28-6

Jack Edelen solid guard, but transfer of Kaleb Glenn hurts chances

7. Great Crossing (1)                     11th                     27-7

Malachi Moreno, 6-foot-11 center, leads talented group of sophomores

8. Western                                      6th                     23-5

Senior guard Trent Hinkle leads big and talented Warriors

9. Ashland Blazer                           16th                   26-6

Tomcats will have different look led by sophomore guard Zander Carter

10. Lyon County                             2nd                    29-7

Junior guard Travis Perry is early favorite for 2024 Mr. Basketball

11. Evangel Christian                    6th                       22-11

Cyr Malonga, 6-11 East Carolina signee, leads talent-rich Eagles roster

12. Lexington Catholic                  11th                     26-6

Reece Potter, 7-foot Miami (Ohio) signee, a force in paint for Knights  

13. Woodford County                  8th                       27-6

Yellow Jackets have one of state’s top sophomores in Jasper Johnson

14. Madison Central                     11th                     20-12

Senior Jaylen Davis gives Indians chance in rugged 11th Region

15. North Oldham                         8th                     19-13

Dallas Roberts is one of state’s top senior point guards

16. Frederick Douglass                 11th                     19-15

Broncos lost talented Tyson Barrett to out-of-state transfer

17. Ballard                                      7th                     28-7

New coach Greg Willis must overcome Gabe Sisk’s transfer

18. DeSales (1)                               6th                     14-14

Brothers Crew Gibson (6-8 senior), Will Gibson (6-4 junior) lead Colts

19. Pikeville                                    15th                   32-3

Tennessee Tech signee Rylee Samons, 6-7 senior, leads Panthers

20. Lincoln County                        12th                   31-8

Tramane Alcorn, Colton Ralston return from Sweet 16 semifinal team

21. Bowling Green                         4th                     26-7          

Purples must replace 2022 Mr. Basketball Turner Buttry

22. Murray (1)                                1st                       26-7

Bellarmine signee Grant Whitaker (17.5 ppg) leads way for Tigers

23. Pleasure Ridge Park                6th                        23-7

Hard-nosed Keith Robinson among Sixth Region’s top players

24. Manual                                     7th                       21-7

Silky smooth guard Damone King is among state’s top juniors

25. Covington Holy Cross             9th                       21-10

Senior Jacob Meyer led state in scoring last season (38.2 ppg)

  • Replies 40
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It’s ok but not sure how Cooper’s Yamil Rondon doesn’t make any mention whatsoever. His play will speak for itself. Cooper will be a force for with the addition of Pouncy.  it will all shake itself

  • Great job on the preseason top 10 and teams and players @B-Ball-fan.  This is by no means supposed to be accurate.  There's not a person alive qualified to do this sight unseen before a game is even p

  • Baseball Nut 24
    Baseball Nut 24

    B-Ball fan - great job with the breakdown. I think the 9th region is more open this year than it's been in several years. Cov Cath will always be good. Lloyd is rising. Cooper will be right there in t

I was guessing Warren Central would be #1.

10 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

I was guessing Warren Central would be #1.

I would expect you'll see every major ranking service to start the year with GRC at the top at WC #2.  Not saying it will end up that way, but I think that is where everyone will begin the year.

3 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

I would expect you'll see every major ranking service to start the year with GRC at the top at WC #2.  Not saying it will end up that way, but I think that is where everyone will begin the year.

Yeah, I know it hard to dethrone the champs until things shake out.

On 11/16/2022 at 6:28 PM, Instride said:

They lost 2 D1 athletes.  They will be different, not sure if they are better.

2 D1? And I think they will be, like you said different forsure but I think this team just lines up more with what they’re Uber successful teams have been. Spacing, shooting and High IQ ball. Come postseason last year teams were cheating off Chandler a lot, everything just seemed clunky. 

I’ve gotten word that Cooper beat Holy Cross by 2 today. 

1 hour ago, Nkybballfan23 said:

I’ve gotten word that Cooper beat Holy Cross by 2 today. 

Confirmed.

Edited by theguru

48 minutes ago, UCME said:

Confirmed.

Any details?

I couldn't attend due to the flu but heard it was a pretty solid game between two of the top teams in the 9th. I'm pretty sure the Pouncy kid played for Cooper. I don't have any stats for the game. Anyone who was in attendance know?

Also heard it was a huge crowd at the Fenn Center for this one for a scrimmage game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.