Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com Class 2A Football Rankings (10/3)

Featured Replies

Class 2A

1. Beechwood vs. Covington Holy Cross

2. Mayfield -- OPEN

3. Owensboro Catholic at Butler County

4. Lexington Christian Academy -- OPEN

5. Metcalfe County -- OPEN

6. Lloyd Memorial vs. Newport

7. Breathitt County -- OPEN

8. Somerset at Danville

9. Green County vs. 4A Warren Central

10. Murray vs. Ballard Memorial

I think the top 4 look accurate and will probably hold true with a possible flip flop in 3 and 4 when it is all settled. 

1 minute ago, Tigerallamerican said:

I think the top 4 look accurate and will probably hold true with a possible flip flop in 3 and 4 when it is all settled. 

I think I feel the same way here.

Not a lot of good games in the 2A rankings this week most schools have byes which I think means fall break!!! As far as the rankings go Somerset is probably a little high but that will get sorted out. I like that Lloyd is getting some love they have had a very successful season.

2 hours ago, Tigerallamerican said:

I think the top 4 look accurate and will probably hold true with a possible flip flop in 3 and 4 when it is all settled. 

Probably so. If LCA can get back to good health by the time the playoffs start, they should beat Owensboro Catholic.

2 hours ago, BWTigers said:

As far as the rankings go Somerset is probably a little high but that will get sorted out.

I'm not sure if I think Somerset is the eighth best team in Class 2A or if I just don't know who else should be ranked eighth.

I’m interested in this Lloyd team. If they can take care of business and put away Newport, they’ll have some great energy coming out against Beechwood in a couple weeks. I won’t say upset alert but maybe a competitive game for Beechwood. Will definitely keep my eye on Lloyd this week. 

1 minute ago, hector607 said:

I’m interested in this Lloyd team. If they can take care of business and put away Newport, they’ll have some great energy coming out against Beechwood in a couple weeks. I won’t say upset alert but maybe a competitive game for Beechwood. Will definitely keep my eye on Lloyd this week. 

Good points. And truthfully, win or lose against Beechwood, the way the RPI sets up they could avoid the Beechies against until late in November. Lloyd is certainly a team to watch.

1 minute ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Good points. And truthfully, win or lose against Beechwood, the way the RPI sets up they could avoid the Beechies against until late in November. Lloyd is certainly a team to watch.

Well said. Didn’t do the math but was definitely wondering what the playoffs would look like for them. Definitely a dangerous team. 

Other than the top 4 teams, nobody else has a chance.

On 10/3/2022 at 1:59 PM, gchs_uk9 said:

Good points. And truthfully, win or lose against Beechwood, the way the RPI sets up they could avoid the Beechies against until late in November. Lloyd is certainly a team to watch.

I don't think that is possible, RPI wont take until after your regional winner is determined.  I maybe wrong but I think I am correct in that statement.  

17 minutes ago, Toothpick said:

I don't think that is possible, RPI wont take until after your regional winner is determined.  I maybe wrong but I think I am correct in that statement.  

RPI comes into play for round 3 so it is possible for two teams from the same district to avoid seeing each other in that round if the regular season district winner was #1 in RPI for their section of the state (East/West) and the other district team was #2/#3 in RPI for their section of the state.

19 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

Other than the top 4 teams, nobody else has a chance.

I’m not so sure about that. Owensboro Catholic just had a close game with Todd County Central, so they aren’t unbeatable for sure. LCA with all the injuries is also not unbeatable, and have given up some massive numbers to teams on defense, Mayfield and Beechwood seem to be the most for sure things in the class, but Mayfield hasn’t played anyone with a chance to beat them since PT, no fault of there own on that.
If a team is able to take away the run game of Beechwood with Berger, I think a team could have a shot with Beechwood, but good luck with that. 

1 hour ago, GC-Dragons said:

I’m not so sure about that. Owensboro Catholic just had a close game with Todd County Central, so they aren’t unbeatable for sure. LCA with all the injuries is also not unbeatable, and have given up some massive numbers to teams on defense, Mayfield and Beechwood seem to be the most for sure things in the class, but Mayfield hasn’t played anyone with a chance to beat them since PT, no fault of there own on that.
If a team is able to take away the run game of Beechwood with Berger, I think a team could have a shot with Beechwood, but good luck with that. 

OC's "close game" with Todd was a 47-6 running clock until they inserted their Freshmen (my buddy's kid is a freshman, and it was no fun watching them get beat up on by Todd's varsity. Good learning experience, I suppose). What I think this shows is that OC is as good as we think, but they are very thin. If the wrong couple of kids get hurt, they'll be in trouble. I think that can be said for most 2A teams, though. 

31 minutes ago, Kyfootballking said:

OC's "close game" with Todd was a 47-6 running clock until they inserted their Freshmen (my buddy's kid is a freshman, and it was no fun watching them get beat up on by Todd's varsity. Good learning experience, I suppose). What I think this shows is that OC is as good as we think, but they are very thin. If the wrong couple of kids get hurt, they'll be in trouble. I think that can be said for most 2A teams, though. 

If that’s true, then my assumption is wrong with Catholic. I know they are good, I watched most of the Owensboro game, and was having a hard time understanding how Todd was that close with them.
You hit the nail on the head with a few guys going out, changing the season completely for teams. We have two or three kids for Green County that are game changers and couldn’t be replaced. Such is the life of a small team school. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.