9th Region News

14 hours ago, ProPatria said:

Yes to your question 1 to 2 inches depending on which two you are comparing. Pants can be a real pain to find.

Now to answer your question how you intended it to be answered. The avg player height in KY is probably shorter than 6’5”. So it does matter because you are talking 5, 6, 7, 8, inches diff between the average player and a big man. Also most coaches fudge the numbers and if you truly have someone that is that tall it does make a difference in game play. So 6’10” to 7’0” not a real diff but 6’10 to 7’3” is a big diff. 

Personal question where you a PG?

Sam is now easily over 7' now, is dunking pretty consistently now and is in really great physical form.  WIth Meyer back, this team is going to really good.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

Unless they are going to actually attempt to pass him the ball this year, AND, they have a high school guard that can make an entry pass (assuming those exist), no, it doesn't.  

If he rebounds like his dad he will get some points. Big John Gibson was a force when he played. Hope his son has a great year!

• Like 2

On 10/22/2022 at 7:14 AM, MaddenCurse44 said:

Better than Meyer?

Jake is a more explosive athlete, to be sure, but in terms of everything you want in a player, I'll take Evan 100% of the time.  More consistent, much better team player, more consistent from the perimeter, makes his teammates better, WAY better body language, more willing defender...etc.  Jake will undoubtedly average more points, and WAY more attempts, but if we put every kid in the 9th on the line and we picked teams at recess I'd take Evan first and not look back.

If Sam Gibson was playing with Evan, as opposed to Jake and Ward, he'd be a WAY better high school player.  However, he doesn't, so here we are...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

Jake is a more explosive athlete, to be sure, but in terms of everything you want in a player, I'll take Evan 100% of the time.  More consistent, much better team player, more consistent from the perimeter, makes his teammates better, WAY better body language, more willing defender...etc.  Jake will undoubtedly average more points, and WAY more attempts, but if we put every kid in the 9th on the line and we picked teams at recess I'd take Evan first and not look back.

If Sam Gibson was playing with Evan, as opposed to Jake and Ward, he'd be a WAY better high school player.  However, he doesn't, so here we are...

100% agree.  Evan outplayed Shepperd last season.  To be fair, Ipsaro had a better group of players around him.  It will be interesting to see how much his scoring increases this year.  

• Thanks 1

If the JagsHoopsReport is accurate then Cooper without question becomes the easy favorite in the 9th.  

The addition of former Boone standout and most recently West Clermont transfer James Pouncy will make the Jags a tough out! 

1 hour ago, UCME said:

If the JagsHoopsReport is accurate then Cooper without question becomes the easy favorite in the 9th.  

The addition of former Boone standout and most recently West Clermont transfer James Pouncy will make the Jags a tough out! 

This is big news! But with the KHSAA rules do you think he’d be eligible immediately? 

32 minutes ago, Nkybballfan23 said:

This is big news! But with the KHSAA rules do you think he’d be eligible immediately? 

My initial thoughts as well, but admittedly I don't know enough about the rules to really know. 

It would seem to me that if this report is true that there would be some amount of time he would not be eligible. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, brooksville said:

If he moved into the Boone County School District that's the major hurdle following the new law that took affect on July 1st.  Said Tweet: 

Wait wait wait wait, isn't Cooper one of the teams who was whining and decided to take their ball and go home and not schedule Cov Cath last year because Cov Cath has players transferring into the school from Ohio?

Surely they aren't benefitting from the same thing themselves, are they?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3