Pikeville 50 Madison Central 14

theguru

As others have said above, this game score is partly Pikeville being very good and partly Madison Central being overrated. I thought Pikeville would win by a couple scores. I did not expect the margin to be this big. As I said in other posts about this game, Pikeville does have two losses. Now, the teams that beat them are Corbin and Covington Catholic so it took really good teams to beat Pikeville. However, those are two losses so we can't get too carried away that Pikeville is a team that is in the top 5 in the state.

• Like 1

Similar to LCA, Madison Central has suffered from the injury bug this year. When your starting running back who led 6A last year, your starting H back and starting WR are out it’s tough to assemble anything even being 6A. Plus those 3 guys play D too. Nothing against Pikeville, this is their year but a healthy MC or LCA gives Pikeville all they want. Knowing Pikeville I’m sure they would rather play those teams at full strength as well. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

First of all, no excuses Pikeville is that good.  Second Madison Central being without the services of Kenyatte Hardge, Jayden West, and Brady Hensley are severely hampered.  The Indians barely squeaked by LCA, Dunbar, and Madison Southern and had blowout wins over South Laurel and Lafayette.  Jayden West is out one more game and Hensley should be good to go next week.  However we now face Oldham County, Bryan Station, GRC, and Southwestern.  I feel they will be much improved down the stretch but could go anywhere from 3-1 to 1-3 there is a lot of work to go and that is why the games are decided on the field and not on paper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have read conflicting reports on Jayden West's suspension for unsportsman like penalties.  I had heard it was a two game suspension but after missing the Pikeville games others have reported he may only set out one game,  Either way he is an elite game changer at WE/DB and his return plus the return of star RB Brady Hensley would surely bolster the Indians chances of a strong finish.

• Thanks 1