Bullitt East 50 Danville 7

Think about that for a second….BE was in a 2A championship game 28 years ago and now plays in 6A.  That shows how crazy the growth has been in Mt Washington.

As for the game, Danville had no answer for the BE offense.  East scored every time they touched the ball except for once at the very end when the JV offense was in.  Danville fought hard, they just don’t have the numbers.  Based on my count, they dressed 26 players (and barely had more fans than that).  Unfortunately, there were spots in the game where they were a bit too chippy & eventually it boiled over on the last kickoff.  The officials literally just let the last 2:30 go off the clock while they discussed who was getting tossed & Danville tended to an injured player on the sideline.  Hate to say it, but what was once a storied, proud program is a shell of its former self.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Statsdontlie said:

Just hearing Danville had 4 players ejected and will have to miss the next game 3 of them are starters. What's the punishment for ejected players? 

IIRC the punishment for an ejected player is that they miss the next game in football.  That terrible for the Ads when you consider that next week's game is Somerset, which is the most important game on the schedule IMO for playoff seeding.  More evidence of undisciplined play.

Congrats to Bullitt East on the win.

5 hours ago, Unrivaled97 said:

Danville fought hard, they just don’t have the numbers.  Based on my count, they dressed 26 players (and barely had more fans than that).  Unfortunately, there were spots in the game where they were a bit too chippy & eventually it boiled over on the last kickoff.  The officials literally just let the last 2:30 go off the clock while they discussed who was getting tossed & Danville tended to an injured player on the sideline.  Hate to say it, but what was once a storied, proud program is a shell of its former self.

I saw them earlier this year and I thought they had way more than that. I don't know exactly how many, I would have guessed it was close to 40-50. Have they had that many players quit mid-season or did I just miss their low numbers?

7 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

Is Danville still ranked in all the rankings that shows you how hard it is to find 10 qualify teams.

I think the rankings here have been overly positive on Danville but probably based on name/reputation rather than what has actually happened on the field.  Both wins this year were against teams with losing records (Lincoln at 1-5 and Garrard 2-4).

7 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

Is Danville still ranked in all the rankings that shows you how hard it is to find 10 qualify teams.

1 minute ago, DanvilleFan said:

I think the rankings here have been overly positive on Danville but probably based on name/reputation rather than what has actually happened on the field.  Both wins this year were against teams with losing records (Lincoln at 1-5 and Garrard 2-4).

I think you are both right.  There is some pretty major drop off in a lot of classes this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DanvilleFan said:

TBH if Danville played Lincoln County again I think they lose that game.