Will the Reds lose 100 games?

4 Quarters

23 minutes ago, OlDog75 said:

This looks extremely possible now!

Very much so.  They need to take 2 of the 3 to avoid it.   Funny thing is, the 1981 reds had the best record in baseball, then lost 100 games.   Maybe this group will lose 100 and have the best record next season.  LOL   Although, the Orioles went from a 110 loss season in 21 and can finish 22 no worse than 82-80.   It can be done.

Given that ownership hasn't truly cared about putting out a consistant winner since Marge was in charge, could the city call Castellini's threat of moving the team and then get another franchise to move in with ownership that cares to spend the money and actively tries to be competitive? I say no, because if another team moved to Cincy it would seemingly be because that ownership group is doing the same thing as the Castellinis. I cannot understand how you invest the money they do into a sports franchise and then are ok with being a laughing stock of an owner. I get the investment aspect of it, but does pride ever take over?

3 hours ago, Breds82 said:

Given that ownership hasn't truly cared about putting out a consistant winner since Marge was in charge, could the city call Castellini's threat of moving the team and then get another franchise to move in with ownership that cares to spend the money and actively tries to be competitive? I say no, because if another team moved to Cincy it would seemingly be because that ownership group is doing the same thing as the Castellinis. I cannot understand how you invest the money they do into a sports franchise and then are ok with being a laughing stock of an owner. I get the investment aspect of it, but does pride ever take over?

I don't think the Castellini's would ever move the team. Sell it - yes. Move it - no. I know Phil had that temper tantrum at the start of the year but he never issued a direct threat of moving. He said the team could be more profitable if it was moved but he never directly threatened to move it. That said, the Castellini ownership of the team has been a complete debacle. They do not know how to build a team. It is an ongoing experiment with too much meddling by Bob. The Reds have now had 12 seasons with 90 or more losses and half of them have been under the Castellini ownership.

• Like 1