Will the Reds lose 100 games?

4 Quarters

After the horrible start, the Reds played .500 ball for the next 80 games. Then they traded away their remaining top notch players and  became a minor league team playing in the majors.

Meanwhile, the Cincinnati Reds West AKA the Seattle Mariners broke a 21 year drought of not being in the playoffs. That was the longest non playoff streak in professional sports. I'll be rooting for the Cincinnati Reds West in the playoffs.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Well with losing 100 games exactly this year to put in perspective it is the first time they’ve lost 100 or more in 40 years (1982) and in the past 40 years they had some bad teams. 

Not sure I'm following you.  Seems like you have been down on them all year, now it looks like you have had a change of heart.  Maybe I'm just reading your statement wrong.

8 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Not sure I'm following you.  Seems like you have been down on them all year, now it looks like you have had a change of heart.  Maybe I'm just reading your statement wrong.

No I am saying that shows how really bad this years team actually was. In the past 40 years we've had some bad teams that I think most would agree with, but it has been 40 years since a Reds team lost this many games.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nkypete said:

By golly, they did it!  100 losses!  In grand fashion as well, losing 15-2 to the Cubbies.

Pete, how do you think next year looks?  Greene looked good down the stretch.  Lodolo looks solid.  Ashcraft also.  Think they can be .500 or better next year?  LRCW is a big fan of Elly De La Cruz.  Maybe he makes it up here some time next season.  

6 minutes ago, spindoc said:

Pete, how do you think next year looks?  Greene looked good down the stretch.  Lodolo looks solid.  Ashcraft also.  Think they can be .500 or better next year?  LRCW is a big fan of Elly De La Cruz.  Maybe he makes it up here some time next season.  

Honestly, the Reds feel like a Triple-A team.  Some good days, but mostly not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spindoc said:

They'll have to push a lot of the right buttons to be .500, won't happen.

Well, they fired five coaches today.  Delino DeShields (1st base), Christian Perez (advanced scouting coach), Lee Tunnell (Bullpen), Rolando Valles and Alan Zinter (hitting).   Of course their replacements will fare no better if the continue to roll out a Double A team and the MLB level.

• Like 1