Highlands 59 Dixie 14

TheDeuce

4 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I think Benke is getting really comfortable at QB. He has gotten better each week. Highlands D was flying to the ball. Nice win for the birds. 

He is but still misses way to many receivers. New tea work on timing and sky’s the limit on this kid. Could be special. Side note, Cam Bottom still throws a very nice ball. Just can’t figure why it doesn’t translate over to varsity start. 

51 minutes ago, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

He is but still misses way to many receivers. New tea work on timing and sky’s the limit on this kid. Could be special. Side note, Cam Bottom still throws a very nice ball. Just can’t figure why it doesn’t translate over to varsity start. 

Are you suggesting Bottom should start over Benke?!?  I think anyone and everyone would agree that Benke is by far HHS best option at QB.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, throwback32 said:

Are you suggesting Bottom should start over Benke?!?  I think anyone and everyone would agree that Benke is by far HHS best option at QB.

Nope. Didn’t say that. You did. I said can’t figure out “why” it doesn’t translate to varsity. You can’t say Benke throws a better ball! If so, I disagree. And others can’t heart it, or trophy it, or whatever it all they want. Bottom throws a better ball. Period. But Benke obviously the better all around athlete. And he has the Birds 4-2 and heading in the right direction. 

4 minutes ago, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

Nope. Didn’t say that. You did. I said can’t figure out “why” it doesn’t translate to varsity. You can’t say Benke throws a better ball! If so, I disagree. And others can’t heart it, or trophy it, or whatever it all they want. Bottom throws a better ball. Period. But Benke obviously the better all around athlete. And he has the Birds 4-2 and heading in the right direction. 

Lots of people can throw a beautiful ball, doesn’t make them a QB.  I think the Birds are in great hands this year and next with Mr. Benke.  He is the better QB and it’s not close.