2A RPI Rankings (9/19)

WarMemorialVet

• theguru changed the title to 2A RPI Rankings (9/19)

This will work itself out at the end.  What I find interesting, If McClean Co goes undefeated, will they be #3 in RPI?  I'm not smart enough to go through numbers and projections 😅

There will be a real close call for #1 between the usual foes: Mayfield/Beechwood.  I know SOS helps Beechwood more than Mayfield. 

3 in the loss column means LCA will be traveling probably starting in the 3rd round. I would love to see them since it looks like they can be at full strength come playoff time!

OCath/Hancock Co is big this week. 

• Like 1

How is Hancock number four with the teams they have played? The teams they have played, (Outside of Tell City IN, who I didn't take the time to look up) have two combined wins after 5 games, with one win against Caverna, and the other is two teams Hancock played, played each other. That is good for a combined 2-17 record of the teams they have played. I don't understand how an RPI system could be designed to favor playing bad large schools to get wins to this extent.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

It doesn't matter if you're 1 or 2 because you get  to play at home all through the playoff's. 

What matters is where LCA goes. Right now it's a crap shoot if they will play 1 or 2 in the playoff's. I would rather avoid LCA and take my chances on another team.

Agree, if you are Mayfield, LCA, or Beechwood, you want to avoid the other two until the finals. 

Seeing LCA that far down is just down right disrespectful. But that’s how the computer works. In the end, it will all work itself out, and I see the 3 usuals, and maybe OCath being the last team. Shame for LCA. I’m sure they will roll all the way to the final 4, but all the travel doesn’t seem right. I would love for them to take the trip to mayfield for us, instead of the tigers having to do so. 

21 minutes ago, ImJustHere said:

Seeing LCA that far down is just down right disrespectful. But that’s how the computer works. In the end, it will all work itself out, and I see the 3 usuals, and maybe OCath being the last team. Shame for LCA. I’m sure they will roll all the way to the final 4, but all the travel doesn’t seem right. I would love for them to take the trip to mayfield for us, instead of the tigers having to do so. 

You're probably not making the trip to Mayfield, as it is right now , the only way Mayfield and Beechwood play is in the finals.

Disrespectful.... I don't know about that.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

You're probably not making the trip to Mayfield, as it is right now , the only way Mayfield and Beechwood play is in the finals.

Disrespectful.... I don't know about that.

And that would be perfectly okay with me. I would love a Mayfield/Beechwood finals. Would just feel right for the rivalry. LCA plays a crazy schedule and they should get rewarded for that. I know injury bug has bitten them, but there’s no doubt they are not 15th best team in the state. 

• Like 1

They’re definitely not the 15th team in the class. That’s my tick with rankings sometimes. They never just get it right whether it’s high school, college, or even pros. For instance, we know Beechwood, Mayfield, and LCA are the top three teams I don’t think anyone can argue with that. But these system generated rankings and algorithms just go off numbers alone, and that’s not always gonna give you the clear picture. I’m not suggesting anything else, those types of rankings obviously help when it comes time for playoffs and having a seeding structure to go by. But man… they can be better. My two cents 😜