Lamar Jackson Contract

bugatti

5 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

He isn't the first player to represent himself and he won't be the last. 

My question is ... does this end the collusion talk? He got paid.

Oh, so now it isn’t a big deal that he represented himself? 🤣

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Oh, so now it isn’t a big deal that he represented himself? 🤣

Nope, not saying that at all. It is a big deal. I don't think it changes things. The vast majority of the players don't want to do it. They aren't going to see this and suddenly choose to do it.

I have bought and sold multiple homes in my life. Never have used a real estate agent. The vast majority of the people know they don't have to use an agent but they don't want to sell or buy a house themselves. 

I see you ignored the collusion question.

4 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Nope, not saying that at all. It is a big deal. I don't think it changes things. The vast majority of the players don't want to do it. They aren't going to see this and suddenly choose to do it.

I have bought and sold multiple homes in my life. Never have used a real estate agent. The vast majority of the people know they don't have to use an agent but they don't want to sell or buy a house themselves. 

I see you ignored the collusion question.

Didn’t ignore it, just wanted to address the other part first. 

Lamar getting a deal doesn’t change the collusion. It still happened; it was pretty obvious. He just overcame it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Didn’t ignore it, just wanted to address the other part first. 

Lamar getting a deal doesn’t change the collision. It still happened; it was pretty obvious. He just overcame it. 

I don't see collusion and I don't see a lot players suddenly doing their own deals. I see this all being unique to Lamar and the particular facts and circumstances of his situation.

41 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

I'm sure the Bengals don't like this.  There's a new floor for the Joe Burrow negotiations.  

I think the Bengals and Burrow will end up with a deal more like the Mahomes contract. I do think Burrow will get more fully guaranteed money in his deal than Mahomes did but it probably will be less than the fully guaranteed money Lamar got. I am going to guess around $150 million fully guaranteed for Burrow. I see Burrow structuring his deal to give the Bengals flexibility on the cap to help build winning rosters year after year, like Mahomes did.

Regarding collusion:

It will but it shouldn’t.  It’s clear that there was collusion going on but it will always be close to be impossible to prove.  

Last year teams were fighting to give an alleged serial sexual assaulter the best contract ever for a QB.   This year those same teams had no interest in an MVP QB entering his prime when they are clearly in need of a QB?  

They chose Desmond Ridder over Lamar but I’m not supposed to believe there was collusion. 

It absolutely should be a much louder discussion but it won’t be. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I think the Bengals and Burrow will end up with a deal more like the Mahomes contract. I do think Burrow will get more fully guaranteed money in his deal than Mahomes did but it probably will be less than the fully guaranteed money Lamar got. I am going to guess around $150 million fully guaranteed for Burrow. I see Burrow structuring his deal to give the Bengals flexibility on the cap to help build winning rosters year after year, like Mahomes did.

At the time Mahomes’ contract was one of the best ever for a QB.  I’ll be surprised if Burrow’s isn’t the best ever for a QB.  If Burrow settles for less then he’s doing it wrong.  

It's great for Lamar that he got paid and is now the highest paid QB ever...but Baltimore what are you doing??? Lamar's not even a top 5 QB in his conference, that and his recent injury history makes this deal seem awful risky.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, burreaux said:

It's great for Lamar that he got paid and is now the highest paid QB ever...but Baltimore what are you doing??? Lamar's not even a top 5 QB in his conference, that and his recent injury history makes this deal seem awful risky.

Name five AFC quarterbacks better than Lamar.