Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ballard vs. Franklin County Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 36 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Ballard
      80%
    • Franklin County
      19%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 09/09/2022 at 11:00 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

6A #4 Ballard (3-0) hosts 4A #7 Franklin County (1-2) after defeating South Oldham 41-0. Franklin County travels to Ballard after a 40-20 loss to Corbin.

Ballard has had it's best start in years behind a stingy defense that has only given up 1 touchdown in 3 games which was scored by Male. Franklin County has two losses against a tough early schedule after facing Scott County and Corbin. 

Last year Ballard won 31-13.

Does Ballard stay on a roll winning 4 in a row or does Franklin County get back on the winning track?

Ballard by 14.

I'm going with Ballard just because of their run defense.  I do think it will be a low scoring game.  Similar to the Ballard/Male game. 

Ballard 21-7.  Franklin County could be 1-3 after Fridays game, will that affect their mental status going forward?  They aren't use to being in that position.  I know the Flyers have a good coaching staff and will do everything in their power to try and keep the players focused on the big picture, but I'm just hoping the young men will respond to it.  They are a very good team, but when you're not use to being in that position, it can mess with you mentally.

I think if you go back to just a year ago and look, they lost to Corbin and lost a few more and was really in the same boat.. Franklin County pushed forward and played really good football the rest of last year and had a back and forth game with Johnson Central to fall in the 4th round of the playoffs...so if 4-6 or 10-0, don't count out Franklin County. 

I do look for Ballard to win this matchup.

Ballard 21

Franklin 20

8 hours ago, Cheese said:

I think if you go back to just a year ago and look, they lost to Corbin and lost a few more and was really in the same boat.. Franklin County pushed forward and played really good football the rest of last year and had a back and forth game with Johnson Central to fall in the 4th round of the playoffs...so if 4-6 or 10-0, don't count out Franklin County. 

I do look for Ballard to win this matchup.

Ballard 21

Franklin 20

Do you think Corbin is better than Ballard?

You know, I really can't say that for sure. 6A teams are legit. They are big across the line and usually deep. Any of the top 10 6A teams are worthy IMO. Ballard showed they are no pushover by getting a win over a program like Male. Male has a coach that is second to none. So not many times do you see Trinity, Male, or St. X take a loss unless that team is playing exceptional football. I don't watch alot of the 6A football until the playoffs. I stay in the other 5 honestly. So honestly without watching Ballard closely, I can't say either way. The one thing about Corbin right now, is they have a sophomore QB in Kade Elam that has came in and is a duel threat with a cannon. He is very accurate and now that Cameron Combs is the primary running back and Brody Wells is at multiple positions depending on the play call. Corbin is as dangerous of a team I have seen this year. Its not easy to go on the road and put up 40 points on a rival being Franklin County. So as Corbins offense gels, they are just going to get better. Seeing that Ballard is ranked 4th in 6A and then Male and Madison Central... Those are hard teams for anyone to beat unless your name is ST. X or Trinity...

32 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Do you think Corbin is better than Ballard?

Lord no. 

Another question do you guys feel like Boyle is?

13 hours ago, fanof42 said:

Another question do you guys feel like Boyle is?

Yes. 

23 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Do you think Corbin is better than Ballard?

I think Corbin would compete very well with Ballard.  Think it would be a one score game.

I'm going to take Franklin County in a shocker. Franklin County is a hard nosed disciplined football team and I'm interested to see if Ballard still responds correctly after having the ego boost of beating Male and blowing out South Oldham.

 

Franklin County 22

Ballard 20

Corbin would beat Ballard. FC has to improve along the lines to get after them, and from what I hear special teams coming from some male fans. 

53 minutes ago, FLYGUY said:

 

Corbin would beat Ballard.

 

Based on what?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.