Lafayette at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates (Canceled)

Lafayette vs. Frederick Douglass  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lafayette
    • Frederick Douglass

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/02/2022 at 10:36 PM

The Generals travel over to Frederick Douglass on Friday night for a 6:30pm kickoff. This will be the 6th time that Lafayette and Douglass have played since the Broncos inception as a program. Frederick Douglass leads the series 5-0 and have outscored the Generals 190-26. Lafayette last scored on the Broncos in the 6A playoff game in 2017.

The Generals come into the game at 0-2 on the young season with losses to two very good programs Johnson Central and Scott County. Lafayette fell 38-6 to Johnson Central and loss 43-6 this past Friday to Scott County. The Generals are lead on offense by several underclassmen junior QB Mac King and RB's junior Dez Henley and sophomore Jackson Stephens and WR Pharell Thurman. On defense the Generals are by LB's Dez Henley and Bobby Lefevers.

The Broncos had another excellent game from Ty Bryant scored two touchdowns again for the 2nd straight game to begin the season. The Broncos had another running clock before halftime. The Douglass defense only allowed the Commodores 123 total yards. They are so far allowing 100.5 total yards pregame.  Two games into the season the Broncos have outscored their opponents 109-15. 

In the words of our good friends @Big Things KentuckyI believe this game will be as the 3 games vs. Lafayette and the Broncos first two games this year will be RC Cola games (Running Clock).

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LethalPG said:

Is there a stipulation that Freddy D has to play mainly Fayette public schools?  I know it makes sense for travel, but competition is way down.

All FCPS schools have to play each other in every sport, even if they aren't in their district or class, in this case. 

It works both ways too. I think most FCPS schools would rather not play Douglass. 

• Like 3

• theguru changed the title to Lafayette at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates (Canceled)

Hats off to Lafayette for making a tough decision.  It sounds like a lot of starters out sick, and backups are not yet physically ready to play against a Douglass team that is extremely talented.  Putting young kids out there just puts them at a great risk of injury.  End of the day it's about the kids, (or at least it's supposed to be) and it appears that what they're doing.

1 minute ago, footballfanatic1286 said:

Hats off to Lafayette for making a tough decision.  It sounds like a lot of starters out sick, and backups are not yet physically ready to play against a Douglass team that is extremely talented.  Putting young kids out there just puts them at a great risk of injury.  End of the day it's about the kids, (or at least it's supposed to be) and it appears that what they're doing.

I hope there was a large buyout on the contract.  That's ridiculous.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So a team with 72 players on its KHSAA roster, counting only 6 freshman, so likely not counting all the freshman doesn't have enough players to play a game? I'll be relieved when teams can stop using the COVID thing as a way to get out of games they know they'll lose. 

• Like 6

First I know first hand it is not Covid but it is the stomach virus that is causing the issue at Lafayette. I do hope the kids that have it recover quickly. However, as someone stated above according to the KHSAA the Generals roster list 72 players with 48 of those being upper class men (Juniors and seniors).  

I had some time and went back and did a little research that I found very interesting. Since the fall of the 2020 season when football began dealing with the Covid issue and here is what I found and you can draw your own conclusions. I will start with this season (2022) Lafayette forfeits due to lack of enough healthy players. Last season (2021) Henry Clay only forfeits one game all season due to illness and it was against Douglass. Finally, in the (2020) season when Covid was at its worse all of the other 5 public schools in Lexington were not able to play Frederick Douglass due to Covid illnesses, but what I found that I thought was so strange that all 5 of those schools were all able to play each other without any Covid issues.   Go figure.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, 16thBBall Fan said:

First I know first hand it is not Covid but it is the stomach virus that is causing the issue at Lafayette. I do hope the kids that have it recover quickly. However, as someone stated above according to the KHSAA the Generals roster list 72 players with 48 of those being upper class men (Juniors and seniors).  

I had some time and went back and did a little research that I found very interesting. Since the fall of the 2020 season when football began dealing with the Covid issue and here is what I found and you can draw your own conclusions. I will start with this season (2022) Lafayette forfeits due to lack of enough healthy players. Last season (2021) Henry Clay only forfeits one game all season due to illness and it was against Douglass. Finally, in the (2020) season when Covid was at its worse all of the other 5 public schools in Lexington were not able to play Frederick Douglass due to Covid illnesses, but what I found that I thought was so strange that all 5 of those schools were all able to play each other without any Covid issues.   Go figure.

It sure reads like an anti-FD course of conduct.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BillNye said:

hope there was a large buyout on the contract.  That's ridiculous.

I’m hearing that as of now that the district AD may not in force they buy out forfeit. If that happens it is sad and if it is not in-forced I’m afraid it won’t be last time this season that Douglass will lose a game to other city schools due to illness.