Lafayette at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates (Canceled)

Lafayette vs. Frederick Douglass  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lafayette
    • Frederick Douglass

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/02/2022 at 10:36 PM

55 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I’m hearing that as of now that the district AD may not in force they buy out forfeit. If that happens it is sad and if it is not in-forced I’m afraid it won’t be last time this season that Douglass will lose a game to other city schools due to illness. 

I would think in KHSAA would still would be win for FD since Lafayette forfeited regardless what district AD does.

26 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I would think in KHSAA would still would be win for FD since Lafayette forfeited regardless what district AD does.

Oh I agree on that @Tigerpride94but it was a home game and if the buyout is not enforced that is no money for 20% of the home game income and also I'm afraid that maybe other schools in the city may do the same thing if there is no consequences.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

It’s been said before, but the rule that states FCPS teams have to play each other is exceptionally stupid. 

It would make more sense if they were all in the same class, which was the case when Frederick Douglass first opened. I assume they'll move back to 6A during the next round of realignment but who knows. If these FCPS games were district games (and not Freddy's current district opponents like Grant County, Montgomery County, Great Crossing) then they would have much more wiggle room to schedule a couple of state powers, which subsequently would have them better prepared late in the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

if they were all in the same class, which was the case when Frederick Douglass first opened. I assume they'll move back to 6A during the next round of realignment but who knows.

Not sure how it work out when Douglass was in 6A for 2017 & 2018 they were in the same district with PLD, Henry Clay, and Bryan Station. Tates Creek and Lafayette were in a different district. I would free up 3 games instead of 1 like currently. I think Scott will stay in 5A but I think that Great Crossing may move to 6A as well. 

12 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

It really hurts a team like FD. IMO.

I’d love to hear who the district thinks actually benefits from the rule. 

The district and its pocket book is the only one benefiting. They shell out far less money for transportation by making each team stay in the city than they would otherwise have to the schools were allowed to schedule on their own. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

The district and its pocket book is the only one benefiting. They shell out far less money for transportation by making each team stay in the city than they would otherwise have to the schools were allowed to schedule on their own. 

The district does not pay the schools transportation cost it comes out of their own accounts. That is why for any trips outside of Lexington Douglass always charters busses because it is cheaper for them.

11 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

The district does not pay the schools transportation cost it comes out of their own accounts. That is why for any trips outside of Lexington Douglass always charters busses because it is cheaper for them.

Do their own accounts not come from the district funding? 

2 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

Do their own accounts not come from the district funding? 

No it is money from fundraiser and money from the football booster. The only sport at Douglass that uses buses is football and they only use them when paying teams inside of Lexington. 

• Like 1