Surprises?

Tkinslow

What’s the biggest surprises from week one? For me I will go with Highlands getting roughed up I didn’t see that coming I thought that would be a competitive game. Also in a good surprise I wouldn’t have thought if Warren Central would end the streak it would have been against Bullitt Central. Not that Bullitt is a powerhouse but as bad as WC has been I wouldn’t have thought that would be the game they would get.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Finkle Ray said:

Holmes winning against Grant County in the dominant fashion they did. I think most had Holmes being competitive in this game and winning/losing a close one. After what they lost to graduation I did not see that score as a possibility. 

Holmes is pretty good this year they scrimmaged Lloyd and the score was 21 to 0 from what I was told.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Holmes is pretty good this year they scrimmaged Lloyd and the score was 21 to 0 from what I was told.

They've been quite good the last few years but it has fallen apart in the playoffs. Here's hoping they can make a bit of a run this year because the most recent end results haven't really matched their in-season success.

• Like 2

Highlands getting blown out was definitely a surprise.

I thought Bryan Station would be more competitive with Frederick Douglass.

Madison Central's win over LCA wasn't necessarily a surprise but did seem to validate that their high ranking in Class 6A for a second consecutive year.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Alot of good games coming up this week. Trinity against Moeller

Cooper at Dixie

Walton Verona at Holy Cross

Ryle at Conner

Scott at Boone County

Holmes at NewCath

Paintsville at Beechwood

Give me Cooper, Walton Verona, Ryle big, Boone, Holmes, Beechwood 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finkle Ray said:

Holmes winning against Grant County in the dominant fashion they did. I think most had Holmes being competitive in this game and winning/losing a close one. After what they lost to graduation I did not see that score as a possibility. 

Has Grant County ever had a decent football team?

• Haha 1