Jump to content

Beechwood 60 Dixie Heights 57


Recommended Posts

Cameron Boyd (Jr) had 31 and Cash Harney (8th grade) had 16, including the game winning 3 with about 8 seconds left. Beechwood made Dixie play at a slower pace and was very efficient in the half court game. Kudos to Coach Goetz and the young Tigers. Great win.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Huge bounce back win by the young Tigers squad last night keyed by a 22-point second half effort by junior guard Cameron Boyd. The young star, Boyd, finished with a game-high 31 points on 9-of-16 shooting, 3-of-5 beyond the arc, and 10-10 from the free throw line. Boyd controlled the second half attacking the usually outstanding interior Dixie D. Boyd is now averaging 20.6 PPG.

Equally as impressive - as noted in several comments above - was the heady play of 8th grade phenom PG Cash Harney. In 28 minutes of action, Harney finished with 12 points on 4-of-8 shooting, hit all four three-point attempts, and finished with 3 assists and ZERO turnovers. He burned a 3 with 35 second left to put the Tigers ahead 58-57. Put mildly, the sky is the limit for Harney.

For Dixie, senior Kiernan Geraci led the way with 23 points and 12 rebounds. Senior center Billy Wogenstahl was held to 16 points and 6 rebounds. The talented big man - who had several college scouts in the gym to watch him and Cameron Boyd - was held 2 points below his scoring and rebounding average by a much smaller but scrappy Tigers inside presence, led by junior forward Trevor Logue.

Tip of the cap to Erik Goetz and his staff for having the Tigers prepared and ready to battle one of the top teams in the 9th and the state last night.  

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If my top of the head math is right, Beechwood still can avoid the 4th seed in the District and the semi-final battle with the Colonels, right?

They still have district seeding games with Holy Cross and Holmes, if I'm not mistaken.  Seems to me, Holmes and Beechwood game could likely be for the 3rd / 4th position, which is a WORLD of difference this year.  

Maybe Beechwood will be peaking down the stretch and will build off this win.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, gbballfan21 said:

Cameron Boyd (Jr) had 31 and Cash Harney (8th grade) had 16, including the game winning 3 with about 8 seconds left. Beechwood made Dixie play at a slower pace and was very efficient in the half court game. Kudos to Coach Goetz and the young Tigers. Great win.

Do we know if Cash plans on staying at beechwood? Know he played for a little known rival up the street until this year, wondering if it was another CVH situation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, GoBucks97 said:

Do we know if Cash plans on staying at beechwood? Know he played for a little known rival up the street until this year, wondering if it was another CVH situation.

I'm on the outside of this one, but I can tell you I've heard from everyone, friends of Joe's, players at several schools, classmates of Cash's parents....all of them say the same thing:  he is staying at Beechwood.  

My personal opinion and with zero first-hand knowledge is this:  if they thought Cash could play varsity at CovCath next year as a FROSH, they would do that, but since the tea leaves say that won't happen, I think Beechwood is in great shape to keep him.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

I'm on the outside of this one, but I can tell you I've heard from everyone, friends of Joe's, players at several schools, classmates of Cash's parents....all of them say the same thing:  he is staying at Beechwood.  

My personal opinion and with zero first-hand knowledge is this:  if they thought Cash could play varsity at CovCath next year as a FROSH, they would do that, but since the tea leaves say that won't happen, I think Beechwood is in great shape to keep him.

For the duration of his career or since your saying he’s not ready would it be a situation where he eventually goes? Kid is really good and plays on a talented AAU team, I think everybody thought he was CCH bound because the development and chance to play on the biggest stages. Idk how much of each your forfeiting at Beechwood it’s definitely some though. Also know football is in the equation too, he’s just heck of an athlete who many around would love to see his potential maximized!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Double Deuce said:

I'm on the outside of this one, but I can tell you I've heard from everyone, friends of Joe's, players at several schools, classmates of Cash's parents....all of them say the same thing:  he is staying at Beechwood.  

My personal opinion and with zero first-hand knowledge is this:  if they thought Cash could play varsity at CovCath next year as a FROSH, they would do that, but since the tea leaves say that won't happen, I think Beechwood is in great shape to keep him.

I think he would make the varsity roster and sophomore year take over for Ipsarro. Him and Nolan Ruthsatz wouldn’t be a bad start in the backcourt. And it’s not always about where you can get on the court the quickest, it’s about who’s pushing you the hardest and what your going up against. Then when the time is called most of these athletes will be ready.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why not Holy Cross, I think a few Harney's have went there? Could be that 3rd player HC needs to get over the hump next year. Also not bad to shadow the Meyer kid for a year and learn and then take over his So. year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Brcatz said:

Why not Holy Cross, I think a few Harney's have went there? Could be that 3rd player HC needs to get over the hump next year. Also not bad to shadow the Meyer kid for a year and learn and then take over his So. year. 

He’s a really good football player as well. Beechwood and Holy Cross in football are miles apart. I’m sure that may have something to do with why he’s not at Holy Cross.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.