Rose Hill 52 West Carter 44

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Queen always does a great job but always seems to have trouble staying on her feet.[/QUOTE]

You overstate the frequency, and I would add that it's always under the basket...not in the open court...and it is a function of her willingness to fling her body towards the ball in an effort to get a rebound. It's tough to come down on your feet when you have grabbed the ball out of the air while jumping sideways or backwards. She's trying to learn to just tip the ball out, rather than try to always bring it in...something she has still somehow managed to do at a double-figure rate for over 3 seasons. Either way, you can't coach that kind of effort.

8 minutes in a 32 minute game is pretty significant time on the bench for a starter, IMO.

I am tempted to say that the RH starters need to watch their fouls, but isn't that always the case with every starter?

It's also hard to ask someone who has played so hard their entire HS career, to suddenly "back off" on defense.

Again, good win for the Lady Royals. The more time on the floor and less time on the bench, the more wins this season.

Profound, huh?

I have seen her fall a many times out of the paint. I understand its often from going for rebounds.

Please...come sit beside me at the next game and we'll count them and note the spot on the floor together. I'm easy to find...look for the glare off my forehead.

I would but thats not possible I will be at the game but i won't be able to be in the stands.

Let's see...am I now to ask for more clues? Will you be on a bench? In the concession stand? An officer watching the crowd? Or, possibly in a striped shirt (no wonder you seem to want to always pick at Emily's game)?

... I'm easy to find...look for the glare off my forehead.

I usually wear sunglasses when looking for Gertrude indoors. Welding goggles are recommended for anything in the direct sunlight ....

As for the "falling down disease", I'll just say that if she is averaging a double double, she can play sitting down, for all I care.

There isn't one coach - not one - anywhere in the state that wouldn't love to have her on their team. She (along with Terry) would start on any team in the state, and she would be a focus of the offense.

Frances

I think every girls team in the region has a strong case of the "falling down disease", not just Emily. My little sisters plays girls ball, from all the games I've watched, it seems like every girls team spends just as much time falling down, chasing the ball out of bounds and crawling around after the ball as they do shooting and rebounding.

I think every girls team in the region has a strong case of the "falling down disease", not just Emily. My little sisters plays girls ball, from all the games I've watched, it seems like every girls team spends just as much time falling down, chasing the ball out of bounds and crawling around after the ball as they do shooting and rebounding.[/QUOTE]

Then you haven't been watching 16th Region girls basketball.

As for the "falling down disease", I'll just say that if she is averaging a double double, she can play sitting down, for all I care.

There isn't one coach - not one - anywhere in the state that wouldn't love to have her on their team. She (along with Terry) would start on any team in the state, and she would be a focus of the offense.

Frances

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: I agree! If I am a coach anywhere she would be invited to "fall" over to my team any day.