Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rose Hill 52 West Carter 44

Featured Replies

Certainly not my lovely wife. She knows how lucky she is.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I try to tell Mrs. O.R. the same and thing and anyone that will listen, so far no one has bought into that line of crap though :lol:

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Queen always does a great job but always seems to have trouble staying on her feet.

  • Author
Queen always does a great job but always seems to have trouble staying on her feet.[/QUOTE]

 

You overstate the frequency, and I would add that it's always under the basket...not in the open court...and it is a function of her willingness to fling her body towards the ball in an effort to get a rebound. It's tough to come down on your feet when you have grabbed the ball out of the air while jumping sideways or backwards. She's trying to learn to just tip the ball out, rather than try to always bring it in...something she has still somehow managed to do at a double-figure rate for over 3 seasons. Either way, you can't coach that kind of effort.

I have seen her fall a many times out of the paint. I understand its often from going for rebounds.

Missed this game, unfortunately. Good win for the Lady Royals.

 

Any problems with starters remaining on the floor? I know foul trouble is their nemesis.

Not as much this game but Laura Terry had to sit for about 8 minutes. Then later fouled out late in the fourth quarter.

8 minutes in a 32 minute game is pretty significant time on the bench for a starter, IMO.

 

I am tempted to say that the RH starters need to watch their fouls, but isn't that always the case with every starter?

 

It's also hard to ask someone who has played so hard their entire HS career, to suddenly "back off" on defense.

 

Again, good win for the Lady Royals. The more time on the floor and less time on the bench, the more wins this season.

 

Profound, huh?

Laura had some iffy calls called on her for blocked shots that were all ball and a charge called that would be a block 9 out of 10 times.

  • Author
I have seen her fall a many times out of the paint. I understand its often from going for rebounds.

 

Please...come sit beside me at the next game and we'll count them and note the spot on the floor together. I'm easy to find...look for the glare off my forehead.

I would but thats not possible I will be at the game but i won't be able to be in the stands.

  • Author
I would but thats not possible I will be at the game but i won't be able to be in the stands.

 

Let's see...am I now to ask for more clues? Will you be on a bench? In the concession stand? An officer watching the crowd? Or, possibly in a striped shirt (no wonder you seem to want to always pick at Emily's game)?

... I'm easy to find...look for the glare off my forehead.

 

I usually wear sunglasses when looking for Gertrude indoors. Welding goggles are recommended for anything in the direct sunlight ....

 

As for the "falling down disease", I'll just say that if she is averaging a double double, she can play sitting down, for all I care.

 

There isn't one coach - not one - anywhere in the state that wouldn't love to have her on their team. She (along with Terry) would start on any team in the state, and she would be a focus of the offense.

 

 

 

Frances

I think every girls team in the region has a strong case of the "falling down disease", not just Emily. My little sisters plays girls ball, from all the games I've watched, it seems like every girls team spends just as much time falling down, chasing the ball out of bounds and crawling around after the ball as they do shooting and rebounding.

  • Author
I think every girls team in the region has a strong case of the "falling down disease", not just Emily. My little sisters plays girls ball, from all the games I've watched, it seems like every girls team spends just as much time falling down, chasing the ball out of bounds and crawling around after the ball as they do shooting and rebounding.[/QUOTE]

 

Then you haven't been watching 16th Region girls basketball.

 

As for the "falling down disease", I'll just say that if she is averaging a double double, she can play sitting down, for all I care.

 

There isn't one coach - not one - anywhere in the state that wouldn't love to have her on their team. She (along with Terry) would start on any team in the state, and she would be a focus of the offense.

 

 

 

Frances

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: I agree! If I am a coach anywhere she would be invited to "fall" over to my team any day.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.