Russellville vs. Newport Central Catholic Predictions/Updates

Bac2369

Who wins this matchup?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

• Russellville
    • Newport Central Catholic

This poll is closed to new votes

Russellville will welcome in Newport Central Catholic for this Regional Championship matchup. Russellville sits at 10-1 on the season with there lone loss to Glasgow on the season. Russellville comes in averaging just over 33 points per game, and giving up just 11 points per game. Newport Central Catholic comes into this matchup at 9-3. Newport Central Catholic is averaging close to 32 points per game, and giving up close to 22 points per game.

Who wins this Regional Championship matchup? Does Russellville continue its dream season? Does Newport Central Catholic get a huge road win?

I believe this is a very good Russellville team, I definitely think that NCC having to travel to Russellville gives Russellville the advantage. As a fan of NCC I'm hopeful this game is similar to the 2015 playoff game where a very good 12-1 Danville team came to Newport as a heavy favorite against a 8-5 NCC team with a young QB and walked away with a loss and NCC advanced on. As I was looking for what year that happened though I noticed even on the years they have lost in different rounds almost every time has been a one score game.

Key matchup to watch: NewCath has leaned on the passing game a little more this year and Russellville's secondary makes plays on the ball unlike any I've seen at the 1A level this season. They've picked off opposing quarterbacks 19 times. Very athletic group and the safeties are long - both 6'2" to 6'3". 

Kolton Smith's ability to make good decisions with the football is of paramount importance to NCC's chances here. Anthony Woodard and Co. will be chomping at the bit to pounce on any mistake throws or 50/50 balls.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NCC and HC said:

Thanks Ken Morgan for the updates throughout the year. Being a Kenton County Thoroughbred , I don't get to many games anymore. The updates keep me somewhat connected to my favorite team. As always Go Breds! WE BELIEVE!

Ken has been great!

And tonight we have video!!

• Like 1