Pikeville looking for opponent for this Friday

12 minutes ago, cincyswords said:

So my assumption is all the  teams this weekend with no games due to taking the bye cannot schedule an extra game correct?  

You are only allowed to play 10 games. You have 11 weeks available to play 10 games but 10 games is the maximum number of games a team can play.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

You are only allowed to play 10 games. You have 11 weeks available to play 10 games but 10 games is the maximum number of games a team can play.

But it appears that if you have a covid forfeit win it does not count against you in games played?

Example Pikeville is 8-2 with a covid win over Bourbon Co. and they are looking for a game?  If the game does not count against you it seems senseless to make it part of the official record.

1 minute ago, cincyswords said:

But it appears that if you have a covid forfeit win it does not count against you in games played?

Example Pikeville is 8-2 with a covid win over Bourbon Co. and they are looking for a game?  If the game does not count against you it seems senseless to make it part of the official record.

If they don't fill that game then it will just go down as a Covid win. As opposed to if they can fill it then it'll go down as however they do in said game. 

45 minutes ago, cincyswords said:

I will defer to others on COVID games rules. @DearToday answer above makes sense to me.

5 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I will defer to others on COVID games rules. @DearToday answer above makes sense to me.

An example would be Pulaski County. They were supposed to play Lincoln County on 9/3. Lincoln had to forfeit because of Covid so they picked up Boyle County instead. Lincoln got a Covid loss because they couldn't play. Pulaski County ended up losing that game so they also got tagged with a loss. If they hadn't filled the game or had chosen not to fill that week then they would have received a 1-0 Covid win. Pulaski's bye week is this week so they can't fill that with a team because they have already played 10 games. If Pulaski hadn't picked up a game on 9/3 and had taken the Covid win, then they could have looked to have filled this last week with a game then taken the win or loss, whatever the outcome is of that said game. Then the game on 9/3 would have went down as their bye week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Options were obviously limited because of time, distance, and level of play for Pikeville. The only reasonable options appear to be Ashland, Middlesboro, and maybe Prestonsburg (just because of locality), but I can see why a team might not want to add a late game the week before the postseason. Looks like tough luck for Pikeville, although they are hosting in the first round so they can conceivably have their senior night festivities before the playoff game with Phelps.

• Like 1

I know over the weekend Ashland was looking but listening Friday night if they didn’t find someone by Monday they’d get ready for the playoffs which is probably best having played without 3 starting linemen against Greenup 1 gone for the year with ACL not sure if the other 2 would be back in time for Russell rematch or not either. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 11:43 AM, cincyswords said:

So my assumption is all the  teams this weekend with no games due to taking the bye cannot schedule an extra game correct?  

On 10/27/2021 at 11:56 AM, Voice of Reason said:

On 10/27/2021 at 12:00 PM, cincyswords said:

Per the KHSAA, teams are allowed to play 10 "on field" games, even if they have a COVID forfeit. So it is possible that some teams' 2021 football schedules will show 11 regular season games, including 1 loss because of forfeiting while their team was in COVID protocol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1