#1 Are you as Big of a College Football Fan as You are a High School Football Fan? #2 Which Conference?

Bluebirdbath

• Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to #1 Are you as Big of a College Football Fan as You are a High School Football Fan? #2 Which Conference?

Love college football. HS football is very enjoyable and being a part of it for many years was special......but the speed, athleticism, and skill level of major college football is incredible. Too many divas in today's NFL for this old timer. Just play the game.

• Like 1

I enjoy going to as many high school games as possible, but College Football is my favorite sport and it isn't particularly close. 

I watch the ACC the most because that's where my team plays, but I'll watch pretty much any CFB game that is on TV. 

• Like 1

I have a strong passion for high school football.  The lack of it being a business and the last line of that really makes me appreciate the game aspect of it so much.  To see parents and fans volunteer to do concession, take tickets, run the chains, etc. is just fundamental for me loving that local feel for the sport and how it effects the local community.  Love High School Football!

But I would say overall I like to watch college football more for the athleticism and atmosphere's those big time games generate.  I'll watch pretty much any relatively close game, but I am a fan of the SEC.  The passion those schools and fan bases have is unmatched IMO and as Chickenwyngs said they are just more competitive across the board.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

I have a strong passion for high school football.  The lack of it being a business and the last line of that really makes me appreciate the game aspect of it so much.  To see parents and fans volunteer to do concession, take tickets, run the chains, etc. is just fundamental for me loving that local feel for the sport and how it effects the local community.  Love High School Football!

But I would say overall I like to watch college football more for the athleticism and atmosphere's those big time games generate.  I'll watch pretty much any relatively close game, but I am a fan of the SEC.  The passion those schools and fan bases have is unmatched IMO and as Chickenwyngs said they are just more competitive across the board.

This for me.

Since high school football is my work it is unique to me among levels of football.

I would rather watch a high level, competitive high school football game over any level of football.  After that it is probably the Bengals, then college football and NFL football in general are about a tie.

• Like 1

College Football is a deeply unique and incredible sport that perhaps has the most passionate fans on earth imo. I enjoy all of CFB but follow the SEC more closely than other conferences.

I bleed Orange and Blue. Its Great To Be A Florida Gator. Massive Gators fan and will not miss a game no matter what.

I'm a High School fan in the sense that I'm invested in the team my brother plays for. Luckily I've been able to experience the really cool environment that Cov Cath is as a spectator.

5 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

High school football 

Bengals

College football

Rest of the NFL 

Revising my order. Just watched a bit of the NFL pregame show. All they talked about for the 5-10 minutes I was watching was gambling baloney. I turned the channel to watch NBA. I know I am in the minority but I have less than zero interest in gambling of any kind and the NFL is being over run by it.

• Like 1

I occasionally go to a HS football game but don't really care who wins.  Much prefer to watch college.   I am a South Carolina fan, so I watch them when they are on TV and I will watch the some other SEC teams that are on (Which is mostly Georgia and Alabama.). I also follow a few other teams around the country.   Colorado and Oklahoma State.

Much prefer MLB to NFL football.  The NFL has made their product nearly unwatchable.

11 hours ago, The Raven said:

I occasionally go to a HS football game but don't really care who wins.  Much prefer to watch college.   I am a South Carolina fan, so I watch them when they are on TV and I will watch the some other SEC teams that are on (Which is mostly Georgia and Alabama.). I also follow a few other teams around the country.   Colorado and Oklahoma State.

Much prefer MLB to NFL football.  The NFL has made their product nearly unwatchable.

I couldn't disagree more.  I used to be a huge MLB and Reds fan.  This year (due to viewability issues and lack of interest) I watched maybe 5 games.  I haven't watched more than an inning of the post season.  I'll acknowledge that NFL has many issues but it's still the greatest game ever invented played at the highest level by some of the best athletes in the world.  

1) NFL

2) College

3) High School   

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!

1 hour ago, REALSPORT said:

I couldn't disagree more.  I used to be a huge MLB and Reds fan.  This year (due to viewability issues and lack of interest) I watched maybe 5 games.  I haven't watched more than an inning of the post season.  I'll acknowledge that NFL has many issues but it's still the greatest game ever invented played at the highest level by some of the best athletes in the world.  

1) NFL

2) College

3) High School   

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!

Agree to disagree.  I’m just the opposite.  I’m more likely to watch a mid July Wednesday night west coast A’s vs Angels game than I am the Super Bowl.   In fact the last SB I watch from kickoff to final whistle was whenever GreenBay beat Pittsburgh.