Daviess County at Apollo Predictions/Updates

theguru

Who wins?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

This is a huge county rivalry game year in and year out BUT this is probably the biggest in the history between the two schools.  Regular season district championship on the line!  I'll break it down a little later this week but I am looking forward to being at Apollo Friday for a huge tailgate show and the call of this one.  DC will be about a 2 TD favorite but do not count out Coach Edge and the Eagles.

• Like 3

I am no where near an expert on this rivalry, which is 13-11 since 1998 in favor of Apollo.  Apollo won last year 40-34, but lost a lot off that team.  Humphreys and his DC receivers are on another level though this year. He has got the wheels as do his receivers.  They are so cohesive together.  I watched them first hand hand against Owensboro and McCracken.  They struggled more than normal the 1st half against Owensboro, but hit the gas in the 2nd.  They annihilated McCracken - unstoppable.  Henderson pushed them and was only down 7 late but DC hit the gas.

Owensboro blew the doors off Apollo and I’ve under estimated them ever since while they beat OCath, North Hardin, Meade,  McCracken and a top 10 Hendo club.  Their turn around has astounded me.  They lost Lovinsky, Hogg and 2 D1 lineman from last year even.  Great season for Apollo.

As much as I think Apollo CAN make it a game, the 49 points given up to McCracken concerns me.  They are facing a great offense.  One aspect here is the rivalry.  This is UK vs UL, X vs Trinity on a Daviess County level.   This will be an intense game.  Can Apollo’s offense control the game?  Possibly.  DC is average defensively.  That said Apollo’s margin of error is much lower than DC.  Apollo has to get turnovers and not turn it over, play great and control the clock.  Can it be done?  Yes, but the probability is definitely with DC.

DC 49-35

6 hours ago, ApolloFan98 said:

This is a huge county rivalry game year in and year out BUT this is probably the biggest in the history between the two schools.  Regular season district championship on the line!  I'll break it down a little later this week but I am looking forward to being at Apollo Friday for a huge tailgate show and the call of this one.  DC will be about a 2 TD favorite but do not count out Coach Edge and the Eagles.

1 hour ago, Brown said:

I am no where near an expert on this rivalry, which is 13-11 since 1998 in favor of Apollo.  Apollo won last year 40-34, but lost a lot off that team.  Humphreys and his DC receivers are on another level though this year. He has got the wheels as do his receivers.  They are so cohesive together.  I watched them first hand hand against Owensboro and McCracken.  They struggled more than normal the 1st half against Owensboro, but hit the gas in the 2nd.  They annihilated McCracken - unstoppable.  Henderson pushed them and was only down 7 late but DC hit the gas.

Owensboro blew the doors off Apollo and I’ve under estimated them ever since while they beat OCath, North Hardin, Meade,  McCracken and a top 10 Hendo club.  Their turn around has astounded me.  They lost Lovinsky, Hogg and 2 D1 lineman from last year even.  Great season for Apollo.

As much as I think Apollo CAN make it a game, the 49 points given up to McCracken concerns me.  They are facing a great offense.  One aspect here is the rivalry.  This is UK vs UL, X vs Trinity on a Daviess County level.   This will be an intense game.  Can Apollo’s offense control the game?  Possibly.  DC is average defensively.  That said Apollo’s margin of error is much lower than DC.  Apollo has to get turnovers and not turn it over, play great and control the clock.  Can it be done?  Yes, but the probability is definitely with DC.

DC 49-35

I didn't realize this was such a big rivalry.  Good to know!  Apollo has an awesome stadium - new turf and all!  I'm inclined to pick DC big, as I've seen them in the pre-season and they looked great.  But Apollo's effort this season has been pretty impressive.  Great job Coach Edge and Company!

I would typically pick something along the lines of

DC 42    Apollo 21

But I could see it being more like

DC 35    Apollo 28

Just think its going to be really hard for Apollo to stop DC late in the game.

• Like 1

When I'm doing hi-low in my mind:

DC can possibly win 55-14 (DC clicking and it's over early and maybe a running clock)

Apollo can possibly win 42-35 (Apollo pounds the rock and controls the flow - get a pick six or some TO's)

A lot has to go Apollo's way to win this - I'm sure I might be underestimating them again though.  I see this close until the 4th and DC hits the gas.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brown said:

I am no where near an expert on this rivalry, which is 13-11 since 1998 in favor of Apollo.

This is definitely the most meaningful game in rivalry history. Only thing close might be 2000, when they finished tied for first in the district. Apollo was 8-2, Daviess County 7-3 on the regular season. Apollo won the game but it was week six and it wasn't until the last game of the season (when Apollo lost to Barren) that the game retroactively added some significance.

• Thanks 1