Lexington Christian Academy vs. Danville Predictions/Updates

Eagles vs. Ads  

33 members have voted

1. 1. The winner will be...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/22/2021 at 11:00 PM

5qwf1f.jpg.3222d25049256e0c69ee2f3e41268919.jpg

Top 5 matchup awaits as Admirals dock in Lexington

Records: LCA (8-0), Danville (6-3)

BGP Ranking: LCA (#1 in 2A), Danville (#4 in 2A)

Series History: Danville leads 7-5 all-time

Table Setter: The Ads represent District 4's last shot to cast doubt on the invincibility of LCA. The Eagles have barely broken a sweat the last two weeks, quickly dispatching Washington County and Somerset by an average score of 59-6. Xavier Brown and Mason Moore have proven impossible to contain of late, with the duo averaging over 40 yards per touch during those games.

Danville pushed the Eagles hard last year, falling 34-30 in 'Title Town'. The Admirals achieved great offensive balance that night, with over 400 yards split almost evenly between ground and air. Caleb Burns and Corydon Crawford were impact players that night, as they have been this season. Burns has run for 100+ in each of the last four games he's played and Crawford leads the team in receiving yards and touchdowns, as well as interceptions (5) with 2 pick-six's.

This series has seen some thrillers in recent years - 2014 (58-57 Ads win), 2016 (42-40 LCA win) and last year. Danville may have to bottle up some 'Title Town' magic for the road if it has designs on springing an upset in Lexington.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Paul Dean said:

No upset in this one!!

I agree. I don't see a let down in this one. The fact the LCA has stayed so focused the last two weeks tells me Coach Charles has his team dialed in on getting back to the state championship game. 

Danville may still be deserving of being a top 5 team based on their performances on the field.  They have overachieved this year.  However, LCA is a GREAT team this year, and they will handle this game easily.  That is more of a credit to LCA and less of a criticism of Danville.

• Like 3

Just now, WeirdHenry said:

Danville may still be deserving of being a top 5 team based on their performances on the field.  They have overachieved this year.  However, LCA is a GREAT team this year, and they will handle this game easily.  That is more of a credit to LCA and less of a criticism of Danville.

Other than Beechwood I don't think anyone in 2A is thrilled about playing LCA.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WeirdHenry said:

Overachieved?  Have they beaten anyone with a decent record?  I guess LC is their best win, but this has been a very friendly schedule for Danville.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WeirdHenry said:

Did anyone realistically think Danville would win this many games this year?  I consider that overachieving.

They were returning some pretty good pieces from 2020…

Now with the idiotic moves of the Danville Super, And Helton Director and their cronies many thought they would be bad… but the talent is there. 

15 hours ago, okie1 said:

They were returning some pretty good pieces from 2020…

Now with the idiotic moves of the Danville Super, And Helton Director and their cronies many thought they would be bad… but the talent is there. 

I've said this before....

Please know what you are talking about before making references to "idiotic moves" and about "cronies" or any Danville coaches or associates.  You are entitled to your opinion, but if your opinion is based on "what you heard" or from someone who has an axe to grind, then the likelihood is you have been mislead.  There IS another side to this story.  I will continue to believe these kids have overachieved since many of the "adults" have acted nothing like grown ups in this situation.