Jon Gruden is out

This is not surprising.  The news briefs say after the review of the emails they were racist and used anti gay slurs.  Whole weird thing that the emails were only discovered because of the idiocy of the Washington club.  That being said, it does appear that there is some type of pattern the NFL has put together on Gruden.  

1 minute ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Wow!!!

Is he done completely now? No coaching, commentating or pre-draft specials?

I can't see ESPN being able to use him for anything at all.  Personally don't think they should.  Everyone can have a minor slip, but he is showing a pattern evidently.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cincyswords said:

I can't see ESPN being able to use him for anything at all.  Personally don't think they should.  Everyone can have a minor slip, but he is showing a pattern evidently.

If they yanked Rachel Nichols off the air and took her show for pointing out ESPNs issues in the area, they can't, in good conscience, align themselves with Gruden again.   I'd say he's put out to pasture at this point.   Unless some college is willing to take a huge PR risk.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

And just when the Tennessee Volunteers have started playing well...

UT may very well lose their next 4 games. 

Gruden is sitting by the phone. To paraphrase Eddie Sutton, Gruden would crawl to Knoxville on his hands and knees.

If Gruden had actually beat up his wife, been in a DUI accident, sexually assaulted numerous women or become a addicted to drugs instead...there is a good chance the NFL would have looked the other way, based on the leagues past history. 

I'm not defending Gruden, just calling out the NFL's hypocrisy. 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

If Gruden had actually beat up his wife, been in a DUI accident, sexually assaulted numerous women or become a addicted to drugs instead...there is a good chance the NFL would have looked the other way, based on the leagues past history. 

Other than gameday the NFL is mostly a turnoff to me.

• Like 4

He was fine being racist.  They were going to let that slide.  

The question I have is who did he upset to have this info leaked?   It came from the investigation of the Washington Football Team but we all know that his emails aren’t the only ones like this.  He isn’t a unicorn.  I want to see what the other 650,000 emails say.  Will we find out what those emails said as well?   

Also, knowing what we know now how long has the NFL sat on these emails?  We know they knew what he said in there.  

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Can you imagine if they hadn’t paid off Kaepernick and his lawsuit would have revealed the emails of the owners?  

• Like 5