Do any 3A teams have a shot against Christian Academy of Louisville?

theguru

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

Bardstown, Glasgow, someone else?

I am thinking no to answer my own question.

What do you think, should the KHSAA go ahead and mail to the trophy to CAL?

They look pretty strong. And then there's their turf lol.

Just now, 9068 said:

I believe there was a PSA post on here recently advising teams going there to play about wearing a certain type of shoe because of the slickness of their turf.

Gotcha, I remember now!

If their turf is unusually slick any school scheduled to play there needs to get to the field a couple of weeks ahead of time to do some testing and figure out what shoes/cleats are the best option.  CAL should welcome everyone with open arms.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, GC-Dragons said:

I think Glasgow is very capable of beating them. Glasgow looked like the better team last year when they played, and Glasgow returned everything from that team. I also think Bardstown could beat them, especially if Cal turns the ball over. 

I'm in this boat. A previous poster commented on their win against Mercer County, but Mercer is a 5-10 ranked team in Class 3A. The two best challengers are Glasgow and Bardstown (and maybe Lawrence County/Belfry, we shall see). I'm not prepared to say at this time that CAL would beat them, at least not easily.

I think to assume that no one could be Cal is a ridiculous thought. It’s not like they have been dominant and beat teams like Trinity and Male doing the regular season. I would say they probably are the favorite but as we all know sometimes the favorite loses early on, see Pikeville last year. Furthermore I wouldn’t be surprised if Mercer comes back and gives them all they want in that second round game. I’ve seen that a lot over the years one team gets blown out in the regular season and comes back and wins the rematch in the playoffs if fact it happened just last year between Glasgow and Taylor Co. TC won the regular season game 35-15 and everyone was talking about how Glasgow had no chance in the playoffs and then Glasgow not only beat them in the playoffs but shut them out 14-0. So I agree Cal is probably the favorite to assume they can’t be beat is a ridiculous thought in my opinion.

On any given night, anything can happen.  Yes CAL looks like the better team at the moment.  But no way you count out Bardstown and Glasgow at this time.  I am a coach and I have seen it happen so many times when the underdog rises up to the challenge and upset or beat the favored opponent.  When a team prepares properly, then the outcome of the game will be determined by the one who executes the best.  I do not know much about Glasgow, except for reading their stats.  Bardstown I have seen and they have some weapons.  The last two rounds of the playoffs should provide some very good games.  To me, it is up in the air but I am giving the edge to the BHS Tigers.  The experience of QB Brady Clark will be the difference.  

• Like 2

On 10/11/2021 at 4:14 PM, 9068 said:

I believe there was a PSA post on here recently advising teams going there to play about wearing a certain type of shoe because of the slickness of their turf.

It seems like maybe this turf is a safety hazard and should be checked out by an official. I can’t think of any reason why the turf would be that slick unless something is wrong with it.