Do any 3A teams have a shot against Christian Academy of Louisville?

theguru

There is nothing wrong with the turf and the officials look at it all the time just like they do every other field.  Cal practices on it everyday and they play multiple field hockey games a week on it.  Is it slicker than some other turf? Maybe.  Is it a safety hazard and game changer? No way. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Maleman58 said:

There is nothing wrong with the turf and the officials look at it all the time just like they do every other field.  Cal practices on it everyday and they play multiple field hockey games a week on it.  Is it slicker than some other turf? Maybe.  Is it a safety hazard and game changer? No way. 

Maybe so but this is about the 3rd or 4th time I’ve seen it mentioned so it just seems funny to me.

On 10/12/2021 at 6:01 AM, Tkinslow said:

I think to assume that no one could be Cal is a ridiculous thought. It’s not like they have been dominant and beat teams like Trinity and Male doing the regular season. I would say they probably are the favorite but as we all know sometimes the favorite loses early on, see Pikeville last year. Furthermore I wouldn’t be surprised if Mercer comes back and gives them all they want in that second round game. I’ve seen that a lot over the years one team gets blown out in the regular season and comes back and wins the rematch in the playoffs if fact it happened just last year between Glasgow and Taylor Co. TC won the regular season game 35-15 and everyone was talking about how Glasgow had no chance in the playoffs and then Glasgow not only beat them in the playoffs but shut them out 14-0. So I agree Cal is probably the favorite to assume they can’t be beat is a ridiculous thought in my opinion.

Agreed.  Mercer has beat CAL the last two years in the regular season only to get beat by CAL in the playoffs. Biggest difference is Mercer beat them in close games in the regular season.  Mercer has a lot of ground to make up in the regular season loss this year. 

• Like 1