Who is the best team in Northern Kentucky?

Bac2369

9 hours ago, Finkle Ray said:

It’s Beechwood for sure. Flip a coin between CovCath, Ryle, or Dixie who would be a distant second. And maybe in that order.

Cooper beat Dixie, and literally one play away from beating both  Covcath and Ryle. So Im not sure you can talk about the second best without at least having Cooper in that conversation. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Cooper beat Dixie, and literally one play away from beating both  Covcath and Ryle. So Im not sure you can talk about the second best without at least having Cooper in that conversation. 

Unfortunately they only get to play once so using the Cooper game against Dixie is a fair point. My opinion, Dixie is still the better team and got caught on a bad night. If any of the teams I mentioned played Cooper tomorrow Cooper loses. Not knocking Cooper, hats off to them and their season, they are making waves and do deserve to be in the conversation. My opinion, they would be a close 5th. At any rate the original post... Beechwood is the best team in NKY. 

5 hours ago, Finkle Ray said:

Unfortunately they only get to play once so using the Cooper game against Dixie is a fair point. My opinion, Dixie is still the better team and got caught on a bad night. If any of the teams I mentioned played Cooper tomorrow Cooper loses. Not knocking Cooper, hats off to them and their season, they are making waves and do deserve to be in the conversation. My opinion, they would be a close 5th. At any rate the original post... Beechwood is the best team in NKY. 

So Cooper beat Dixie. Cooper also took a Covcath team who also beat Dixie to 4 OTs. Yet somehow Dixie still is considered better currently?

I do agree that Beechwood is the best in NKY this year. I have been saying that since basically the start of the season. 

• 3 months later...

Closing the loop on this one. Here are the final calpreps.com rankings of the N. Ky. teams with their calpreps statewide ranking in (_).

1. Beechwood (#6 in KY)

2. Covington Catholic (#13)

3. Ryle (#16)

4. Dixie Heights (#30)

5. Conner (#36)

6. Highlands (#38)

7. Cooper (#40)

8. Scott (#74)

9. Simon Kenton (#77)

10. Boone County (#95)

11. Newport Central Catholic (#99)

12. Holmes (#101)