Who is the best team in Northern Kentucky?

Bac2369

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Who will qb Beechwood next year?

Clay Hayden. If you pay attention to any polls, he was rated the 62nd best QB in the nation last year in one of them. It looks like BW will be fine at that position. We shall see. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bjaynes said:

Clay Hayden. If you pay attention to any polls, he was rated the 62nd best QB in the nation last year in one of them. It looks like BW will be fine at that position. We shall see. 

Saw him play in the end of a couple varsity games last year. Kid can flat out sling it. The biggest question mark for beechwood will be the O-Line. They lose a ton including WKU Commit Luke Slusher. Will be exciting to see if they move kids around like O’Shea who played FB/TE to the line to put some varsity experience on there. Or do they have some JV guys in the pipeline that get their chance. That for me is the biggest issue the Tigers face. 

2 hours ago, Tigerallamerican said:

I would say Beechwood has earned that title. Why don't BW and Ryle play in the regular season? Is there a story behind that? 

Historically, the 6A teams Beechwood has played are Dixie and/or Simon Kenton. Usually Beechwood schedules one 6A opponent. They did play Ryle in 2020 (BW win 35-14) but I  think that was a COVID replacement game, not a scheduled game. The only other time Beechwood has played Ryle was 1998 (BW win 27-22).

3 hours ago, Tigerallamerican said:

I would say Beechwood has earned that title. Why don't BW and Ryle play in the regular season? Is there a story behind that? 

In 2020 BW played Ryle at Home. Beechwood won 35-14 according to MaxPreps. I believe that Ryle team though was much different than the team they put on the field this past year. 

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

Historically, the 6A teams Beechwood has played are Dixie and/or Simon Kenton. Usually Beechwood schedules one 6A opponent. They did play Ryle in 2020 (BW win 35-14) but I  think that was a COVID replacement game, not a scheduled game. The only other time Beechwood has played Ryle was 1998 (BW win 27-22).

Same time post VoR. Jinx you owe me a Soda. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I figured the NK contingent would know if there is some type of back story there. Seems to me I heard something at some point over the last couple years about players leaving Ryle for BW or something to that extent. Although it could just be the fact that a 6A team doesn't want to get beat by a 2A team lol. 

1 minute ago, Tigerallamerican said:

I figured the NK contingent would know if there is some type of back story there. Seems to me I heard something at some point over the last couple years about players leaving Ryle for BW or something to that extent. Although it could just be the fact that a 6A team doesn't want to get beat by a 2A team lol. 

No back story that I am aware of. And they did play in 2020 so there don't appear to be any issues between the schools.

• Like 1

Beechwood had a fantastic year with a talented team and the best player in NKY maybe all of KY. From a scheduling standpoint Beechwood and Ryle have played sporadically at best and it is primarily due to BW scheduling the larger schools in their county as those are more rivalry type games, Dixie and Cov Cath (5a) are within 2 miles of the campus and then they pick up Simon Kenton. The 2020 game was a Covid replacement and the schools wanted to play this year but could not work it in, BW is a great program but I wouldn't say Ryle doesn't want to play them check their schedule in 2021 and 22 doesn't appear they are ducking anyone. 

• Like 1