Is Harbaugh's Seat Nice and Cool Now?

Bert

Last year, many thought Harbaugh was gone after this season if he even finished the season.  He looks to be sitting pretty now that Michigan is #8 even if they fall out of the top ten after playing Penn St., Mich St. and Ohio St., have to think he is safe.

2 hours ago, The Raven said:

Not until he can beat Ohio State on a consistent basis.

If the Michigan fanbase expects Harbaugh or anyone else to beat OSU on a consistent basis, they are more delusional than UK fans or even UT fans.

• Like 1

I’m not sure how this season is really any different than the majority of Harbaughs seasons at UM. This is what they do. I was at the game Saturday. Michigan got dominated by Nebraska physically in that game. Credit to Michigan for not making the mistakes and winning the game, but that’s not an elite football team. At the end of the day, I don’t think they’re better than OSU, PSU, or MSU. If they can win 1 of those games and finish 10-2 Harbaugh will likely be fine. If they lose all 3 (which I think they will) it’s the same situation over and over again. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bert said:

If the Michigan fanbase expects Harbaugh or anyone else to beat OSU on a consistent basis, they are more delusional than UK fans or even UT fans.

What inherent advantages does OSU have over Michigan that would keep Michigan from winning 50/50 games with OSU? Aside from coaching.

I agree with what others have already pointed out.  The important games on the schedule are still left to be decided.  Sure Michigan is 6-0 but they really haven't beaten anybody yet.  None of the four Power 5 teams they've beaten currently have a record above .500%

8 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

What inherent advantages does OSU have over Michigan that would keep Michigan from winning 50/50 games with OSU? Aside from coaching.

Seems like OSU has recruited better than UM. I think the Bucks are no longer losing good Ohio players to them, and they are getting great skill players from all over the US. 

37 minutes ago, 9068 said:

Seems like OSU has recruited better than UM. I think the Bucks are no longer losing good Ohio players to them, and they are getting great skill players from all over the US. 

True, but a great coach can fix that.

I guess my point was, there is nothing OSU has or does that can't be replicated at Michigan. 

16 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

When the poster said beat OSU consistently, I took consistently to mean more than 50/50.

On 10/11/2021 at 9:24 PM, Jumper_Dad said:

True, but a great coach can fix that.

I guess my point was, there is nothing OSU has or does that can't be replicated at Michigan. 

A great recruiter and NIL agent could too.