2021 Fantasy Football

FatNate

Finished 5-9 and tied for last. Our league was super competitive with the best record being 10-4. Three teams were tied at 6-8 for the final playoff spot.

That said, I'm officially announcing my retirement from fantasy. I hate it. I get way too frustrated with all the injuries and just overall losing in stupid ways. Three weeks ago I'm going up against Russell Wilson who is having a crap game against the WFT. I'm up by 4.5 points with about a minute and a half left. Since Washington is up big, they go into prevent and let Wilson waltz down the field and I lose. That's just fantasy football, so I get that one. But over the past two years I've also lost on a Tuesday "score correction" but the one that really set me off was last season I tied my opponent, but lost on a tiebreaker because my bench got outscored. Well yeah, three quarters of my bench was on a bye week. Should have thrown in the towel then.

2 hours ago, bugatti said:

That said, I'm officially announcing my retirement from fantasy. I hate it. I get way too frustrated with all the injuries and just overall losing in stupid ways. Three weeks ago I'm going up against Russell Wilson who is having a crap game against the WFT. I'm up by 4.5 points with about a minute and a half left. Since Washington is up big, they go into prevent and let Wilson waltz down the field and I lose. That's just fantasy football, so I get that one. But over the past two years I've also lost on a Tuesday "score correction" but the one that really set me off was last season I tied my opponent, but lost on a tiebreaker because my bench got outscored. Well yeah, three quarters of my bench was on a bye week. Should have thrown in the towel then.

I feel ya there man.  It stresses me out way more than it ever should someone, but I keep coming back.

I am in a fantasy football league only because it is a family league. I don't like fantasy football and care as little as my competitive spirit allows. 

Fantasy baseball- LOVE IT!!! Been in a league for 25 years.

The biggest reason I don't care for fantasy football is the randomness and absurd events that happen that change outcomes.  Players who haven't scored above 20 points all year suddenly post a 40 point game. Your main player gets injured in the 1st quarter and you lose all of those stats which leads to a loss. Teams who score above 100 points in maybe half of their games suddenly post a 140 point game to beat you with the same group of players. The worst is when that stuff happens in a playoff game.

On 12/15/2021 at 12:53 PM, Voice of Reason said:

I am in a fantasy football league only because it is a family league. I don't like fantasy football and care as little as my competitive spirit allows. 

Fantasy baseball- LOVE IT!!! Been in a league for 25 years.

The biggest reason I don't care for fantasy football is the randomness and absurd events that happen that change outcomes.  Players who haven't scored above 20 points all year suddenly post a 40 point game. Your main player gets injured in the 1st quarter and you lose all of those stats which leads to a loss. Teams who score above 100 points in maybe half of their games suddenly post a 140 point game to beat you with the same group of players. The worst is when that stuff happens in a playoff game.

For fantasy baseball are you setting a daily lineup or a weekly lineup?  I have never played, but have some interest in finding a league.

3 hours ago, FatNate said:

For fantasy baseball are you setting a daily lineup or a weekly lineup?  I have never played, but have some interest in finding a league.

Daily lineup changes allowed but not head to head. Cumulative stats over the season. We track 5 offensive and 5 pitching stat categories. 

14 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Daily lineup changes allowed but not head to head. Cumulative stats over the season. We track 5 offensive and 5 pitching stat categories. 

I love Fantasy Baseball too. Analyzing baseball stats is fun for me. I'm kind of a nerd when it comes to that, or really anything else for that matter. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, FatNate said:

Super Bowl week in my league.  Anyone left?  Anyone already cash big?

After starting 3-5 in my big money league, I won 6 in a row to grab the 4 seed, and somehow found my way into the championship, where I'm favored. I have no real stars outside of maybe Andrews at TE.  Kamara was my first pick and he's only had a couple big games and was out during most of my winning streak. Metcalf was another high pick that has been a disappointment. Herbert has been solid at QB. Waddle has been a nice surprise. St Brown was a big late season pickup. My opponent in the Super bowl has no real stars either. Jalen Hurts and Aaron Jones are my biggest worries on his team.

In my long time league, I just lost in the semi's to the #2 seed. I made all the right moves, and had a good week, but ultimately got beat by Josh Allen and the Cowboys defense having huge weeks. Still playing for 3rd place and a little bit of money.

Really cut back on Daily stuff and haven't played at all since I took some time off for my daughters wedding in mid November.