2021 Fantasy Football

FatNate

How did everyone do in their week one season long leagues?  I crushed in my season long league.  This was a huge surprise to me.  I like my team, but I also do not feel it is special.  I got the win and high weekly points, but what makes it best is beating my brother.  Bragging rights to start to the season.  We switched to a twelve man league this year and updated a few rules and scoring.  It should be an interesting year.

Did anyone do any good in week one DFS?  120 in for me and 40 out.  Ouch -- not the way I wanted to start the season.

11 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I'm not pleased.  Aaron Rodgers and Aaron Jones combined for less than six points for me.  I lost by five.  Very frustrating.

The conspiracy theorist in me, wants to say that Rodgers did it on purpose, but that might just be my general level of dislike for the guy coming through. 

It's the second straight year that I started with a really bad week.  Last year I had my worst week of the year Week 1, and the only thing that saved me from being dead last then was that one guy just had an even worse week.  Sadly, no such luck this year.  I'm dead last, despite having a guy like McCaffrey.  Most of that can be laid at the feet of Aaron Rodgers, who got me -6 in my league's scoring. 

Hopefully it works out like last year.  Terrible start, won my league.

I started the year with the highest score in week one.  Week two was a strong reality check -- LOWEST SCORE of the week.  Dropped my team to the middle of the pack.  If I have to be honest, that is probably about where my team belongs.  Twelve man league with deep benches, so not much help on the wire.  Six teams make the playoffs and I beleive this team is good enough to make the playoffs, but not good enough to get paid.  Handing the reins over to Daniel Jones this week, which is a scary thought.

7 hours ago, FatNate said:

I started the year with the highest score in week one.  Week two was a strong reality check -- LOWEST SCORE of the week.  Dropped my team to the middle of the pack.  If I have to be honest, that is probably about where my team belongs.  Twelve man league with deep benches, so not much help on the wire.  Six teams make the playoffs and I beleive this team is good enough to make the playoffs, but not good enough to get paid.  Handing the reins over to Daniel Jones this week, which is a scary thought.

Daniel Jones and Derek Carr are off to good starts.  Scary is the right word. I picked up Carr to be my backup this week in a money league.   

On 9/23/2021 at 3:13 PM, PurplePride92 said:

Daniel Jones and Derek Carr are off to good starts.  Scary is the right word. I picked up Carr to be my backup this week in a money league.   

I sat Burrow for Jones.  Bad coaching move.  I played Mike Daivs over Kareem Hunt.  Bad coaching move.  I am getting crushed, but I have two guys left.  If I had played the perfect lineup I think I still loss this week.  But, since I did not, it is looking like I get to be the low score of the week for the second time in a row!

Going to be high score of the league for the 2nd week straight.  Shame how week 1 played out, I'd be viewed as easily the best team right now.

I'm curious how my team shapes up with a healthy Michael Thomas and Curtis Samuel.  Will make my flex stronger cause right now Mike Williams is looking like a king and Godwin is very consistent.

On 10/5/2021 at 11:12 AM, DragonFire said:

0-4, remain in dead last.  CMC missing the week hurt, Mike Williams doing.... whatever that was hurt.  Last winless team, lowest in points = I don't think this is the year lol

Not much Mike Williams can do if he only sees 4 targets and two of them were missed because of Herbert.  Hell, the announcers were begging them to throw the ball to him more with his mismatches.  But they kept finding Cook instead.

I was annoyed too but hung on for victory.