Lexington Christian Academy at Christian Academy of Louisville Predictions/Updates

Bluto

LCA at CAL  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• LCA
    • CAL

I'll take LCA, 34-21.  A bounce could have been possible after the big win over Boyle County, but believe it or not, I think this might be where a cancelled game due to COVID-19 might actually help a team.  I think it gave LCA a chance to reset after that big win.  

Why would LCA take an RPI win against Belfry and gamble it against JC? JC plays 3 or 4 out-of-state teams which only give you 50% RPI win or lose. Belfry is having a not so characteristic season but they will get it together which will help LCA's RPI. If LCA needs to pick up RPI they could always pick up a game during their buy week but it wouldn't be JC it would probably be a 5A or 6A team. If this were the case it would nullify the covid win against Belfry. 

It has nothing to do with not wanting to play tough competition. LCA's first 6 games:

at Madison Central

at Boyle 

at Belfry

at CAL

Lex Cath

Pikeville 

That's pretty stout for a 2A program right there...

• Like 4

Time to find out a thing or two about CAL. They're #1 in 3A, but that's not saying much this year. The sophomore quarterback has played well in his first two starts and looks like he's got a really nice arm. Messer is a legit all-state caliber two way player that can make things happen in space and has great ball skills. The defense has only allowed 19 points in two games, so they're at least solid on that side of the ball. That's about all I know about them at this point. They're the biggest mystery of any of the top ranked teams.

We know more about LCA. They've got athletes everywhere and they're good enough to beat Boyle County without a quarterback and with a completely one dimensional game plan. 

I'll take the Eagles, but I'm most interested in seeing a little more from CAL.

2 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Can CAL lose on Friday and still be considered the number one team in Class 3A?

Depending on the nature of the loss, yes. If it's a competitive loss where they hold their own against an elite team, I could definitely see them staying at the top of 3A. Bardstown could have a say in that, though.

1 hour ago, DevilMayCare said:

Depending on the nature of the loss, yes. If it's a competitive loss where they hold their own against an elite team, I could definitely see them staying at the top of 3A. Bardstown could have a say in that, though.

I think the same thing. Honestly, based on the LCA/Boyle game, if CAL stays within 10 I'm probably keeping them at number one in my book. However, if LCA runs away with it then I'd have to reconsider.

Bullitt Central took the opening kickoff last week, then proceeded to March 85 yards in about 15 plays, taking up over 10 minutes of clock & scoring a TD to go up 8-0.  CAL made good adjustments in the 2nd half, but still, if BC can do that to them & control it the way they did, what do you think LCA would do with their running game?  LCA by at least 10 for me.