Convince me this isn't the Worst the 9th Region has been overall in a long time!!

Jacobs, Jefferson, Hill & Bovard. Those would be the top 4 guards in region 9 correct? I'm not very familiar with the 9th region but from what I have read on here it seems that those 4 names are mentioned most.

Bovard is not a top 4 guard in the region. He is a decent guard, but nothing spectacular. I have seen this kid play on numerous occassions(HS and AAU) and he has not impressed me one time.

Bray, Simpson, Lenhof, and Ryan are all better than Bovard.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as for summer ball, CovCath defeated the following teams: South Laurel, Doss, Madison Central, Bryan Station, LexCath, Jtown, and Shelby County, just to name a few. I'm sure Holmes defeated plenty of teams as well, fballstud can tell you those.

As for the regular season, CovCath defeated Lexington Dunbar (who just put up 103) and barely lost to Lexington Lafeyette, both without 2 (potentially 3) starters. They also lost in the last minute to Cincinatti St. X with starters out. I will concede that Holmes has not been "tested" but their only losses are to a solid SK team and an Ohio team (of whom I know nothing).

I think we can agree that right now the 9th is way down. But I see plenty of room for growth, especially at the top.

Summer ball is exactly what it is. Means nothing and has no meaning in this thread.

Bovard is not a top 4 guard in the region. He is a decent guard, but nothing spectacular. I have seen this kid play on numerous occassions(HS and AAU) and he has not impressed me one time.

Bray, Simpson, Lenhof, and Ryan are all better than Bovard.

Don't forget about Jacobs too. :thumb:

Summer ball is exactly what it is. Means nothing and has no meaning in this thread.

Surprise, surprise. I don't think it means nothing, but either way that is why I provided regular season games. Anyways it is proof that the 9th has talent, they are just behind right now. They wil come along.

Hill, Henderson, Jefferson, Jacobs, Bovard, Lenhoff, his teammate Ryan, Bray and Simpson are all better than Sorrell. There is nothing explosive about Corey's game. He is a good shooter and a decent rebounder for a guard. As for defense I dont believe he could do a good job of guarding any of the before mentioned players.

I disagree. The 9th's representative is typically out early in the Sweet 16. But overall the 9th region in the recent past has OVERALL been one of the better regions.

You contradicted yourself with those two statements. Your 1st sentence is dead on. I'm not sure what the overall thing means. You either win at the sweet 16 or you don't. The 9th doesn't. One in how many years? ( I am counting the SK 81 champion as 9th region) Is there another region that has one or less state titles?