Is there an actor/actress whose movies you either refuse to see or insist on seeing?

No actor carries that much sway with me either way. It is always about the movie first for me. Daniel Day Lewis is awesome but I doubt I will ever watch Phantom Thread. No matter how great he may have been in it, I am not interested in the movie. 

I second think watching movies with Julia Roberts. I always felt she was over rated in almost every way - acting, appearance, etc. 

I also have to push myself to watch Quentin Tarantino movies. Too much violence that often feels gratuitous. I ALWAYS watch movies all the way through no matter how bad they might be, but I had to stop watching Reservoir Dogs because of the gratuitous violence.

I have a hard time buying Angelina Jolie in action movies, but I enjoy the movies even if it stretches believability for me. 

Most Adam Sandler movies I have watched are just plain stupid - not even funny because they are so stupid.

Like Julia Roberts, it takes a lot for me to watch Sandra Bullock movies.

Joaquin Phoenix is moving into the Daniel Day Lewis must see category.

On 5/20/2021 at 1:51 PM, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Daniel Day Lewis is an actor that I'll always want to see his movie.

Agree 100%. He has the ability to take an average script and still make a great movie just because of his acting skills. And has 3 Best Actor Oscars for his efforts. 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2021 at 11:02 AM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I saw E.T. as a kid and thought it was one of the most boring movies I'd ever watched. Went back like three years ago and re-watched it, and I completely completely stand by my original take.

Literally sat there and thought "You're telling me that this movie is absolutely beloved by the masses?"

It wasn’t nearly as boring as the movie that beat it out for Best Picture Oscar that year, “Gandhi”. That movie was snoozeville. 

On 5/20/2021 at 12:38 PM, CincySportsFan said:

Movies will have a lot to overcome, for me to pay to go see them, if Amy Schumer, Melissa McCarthy, Will Ferrell or Jim Carrey are the main attraction.  

You can add Adam Sandler to that list for me.  Melissa McCarthy is somewhat tolerable in spots.   The rest, not so much.

2 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Adam Sandler is probably one of the more famous people that I do not find that funny at all. 

I like Sandler, but I'm not a big fan of some of the humor going on around him in these movies.  I have never been a fan of so called "toilet humor".

• Like 2

On 6/3/2021 at 10:30 AM, TheDeuce said:

Adam Sandler is probably one of the more famous people that I do not find that funny at all. 

Yeah.   The idiot man-child finds a brain in the last 15 minutes plot line gets stale fast. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Amy Schumer and Jim Carey are both hard passes for me...I can't stand either one of them. Washington, Hanks, Costner are three actors that have rarely, if ever, let me down. I can't think of an actress right off, that I feel as strongly about.

On 5/21/2021 at 11:45 PM, PP1 said:

I have enjoyed every single Will Smith movie that I have seen. I never saw him in I Robot or Hitchcock though. I do not like John Leguizamo or Owen Wilson. I cannot think of a single film with Drew Barrymore that I thought was even average.

“ET, The Extraterrestrial” is a classic.