I've Grown Very Tired of Amir Garrett's Act

Maybe I'm turning into the old man sitting on his front porch but I'm so tired of Amir Garrett's act.  I would have posted this in a Reds vs Cubs thread, but no one started one, so I'm giving it it's own thread.

If they guy didn't try to fight the whole Pirates dugout in the past, I think he'd have long worn out his welcome in Cincy.  He frustrated the heck outta me.

3 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Maybe I'm turning into the old man sitting on his front porch but I'm so tired of Amir Garrett's act.  I would have posted this in a Reds vs Cubs thread, but no one started one, so I'm giving it it's own thread.

If they guy didn't try to fight the whole Pirates dugout in the past, I think he'd have long worn out his welcome in Cincy.  He frustrated the heck outta me.

What was his deal yesterday? That seemed unprovoked and frankly out of line.

4 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

With you on that MJ, he’s an idiot, guess he was happy he finally got somebody out, LOL!!!

The walks this bullpen gives up is just absolutely ridiculous!!!

Time and place. There's a time and place for pretty much everything. But to get the second out, not the third, in a game where you're trailing...is neither the time nor the place.

If he comes in and strikes out the side in order, to preserve a win in the ninth, he can thump his chest and rock the baby all night long.

• Like 1

I'm kind of on the fence with Garrett. I like his passion most of the time.  If he pitched better I'd like it a little more.  The problem I have with him right now is he comes in the game with "his antennas up" and pays too much attention to the opposition's chirping instead of what he's on the bump to do.  The after game analysis by Welsh last Sunday on TV indicated Garrett's pitching issues may be due to not having prepared enough in spring training.  That maybe this is a wake-up for Garrett to be a little more serious about preparation next time, at least that's the way I took Welsh's comments. 

20 minutes ago, OlDog75 said:

I'm kind of on the fence with Garrett. I like his passion most of the time.  If he pitched better I'd like it a little more.  The problem I have with him right now is he comes in the game with "his antennas up" and pays too much attention to the opposition's chirping instead of what he's on the bump to do.  The after game analysis by Welsh last Sunday on TV indicated Garrett's pitching issues may be due to not having prepared enough in spring training.  That maybe this is a wake-up for Garrett to be a little more serious about preparation next time, at least that's the way I took Welsh's comments. 

I didn't hear Welsh's comments but I do recall in spring training Garrett struck out the first 9 batters he faced this spring.

6 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I didn't hear Welsh's comments but I do recall in spring training Garrett struck out the first 9 batters he faced this spring.

As I recall, Welsh did mention that, but then indicated what I posted previously.  I guess he just did not think Garrett put in the work he really should have.  I hope Garrett gets it  straightened out pitch-wise and head-wise.  It would be nice to have a Nasty Boy again to come in from the pen to shut it down.

8. Any attempt to use or suggest profanity is prohibited. This means you may not use symbols to replace some or all of the letters in a word that might otherwise be blocked by the BGP word filter. Any attempt to circumvent the word filter with general abbreviations or text message abbreviations will also be considered a violation under this rule.

37 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Guess MLB is too. He just got a 7 game suspension.

How does Baez only get an undisclosed fine? Idk. Feels bogus, just like with Molina when Castellanos got suspended.

7 games seems extreme. And I agree about Molina and Baez, they should have been suspended too.