Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds vs. Cardinals (4/1-4/4)

Featured Replies

Casual fan early observations.

I like the new play-by-play guy. We will NOT miss Thom, who only had a job because his name was Brennaman. If this guy likes hearing our fans Boo!,  he should have a happy summer. Don't like that he's already making excuses, but I like his voice. Oh! And ditch the bright red jacket. Good God!!!

WHY BARRY LARKIN???? Great shortstop, weak color man. If we have Mike Welsh, why do we need Barry Larkin???? Long monotone summer ahead with Larkin. Don't need him, Don't want him. Passed Ball??? Really???

I'm happy that I recognized 8 of the 9 players in the Reds lineup. My big gripe last year was about the revolving door roster. India??? Don't know him, but will give him a fair chance. Suarez at shortstop might not be a good idea.

Castillo on opening day is natural enough. I guess we no longer have the CyYoung winner. Too bad. I think he owed us. We took him in when he had been run out of greener pastures. Had a fantastic season in Cincinnati, and actually acted like he liked it here, and then sells out on us. He may wish he'd have stayed here and shown a little allegiance to the team which gave him a chance to redeem himself.

I've always been of the belief that we don't need to be spending millions to bring a player in, BUT if we have him on our roster and he proves his worth, we should pay him to stay here.

Let the games begin.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Probably going to make me sound like a bitter dude but I have a small amount of joy that it is snowing and in the 30's for Opening Day, on the second year that I'm not allowed to work it.

I agree, if we are going to bring the fans back, let's do it right, not half-assed.  We are all sick of the Covid.  Hopefully, by the 4th of July we will have overthrown the Covid Police, have all been vaccinated, declare the 4th National Mask Burning day, and finish out the summer, as normal as possible. 

4 minutes ago, Mustang said:

I agree, if we are going to bring the fans back, let's do it right, not half-assed.  We are all sick of the Covid.  Hopefully, by the 4th of July we will have overthrown the Covid Police, have all been vaccinated, declare the 4th National Mask Burning day, and finish out the summer, as normal as possible. 

Sure, let's kill off another half million. But... enough of that! It's a a great day, right? Opening Day .... oh well. 

  • Author

A ten pitch walk to the opposing pitcher to start the 4th. Cards have scored at least 2 more. 

Castillo done. 9-3 Cards. Bedrosian coming in.

Castillo is not a pitcher, just a thrower, shows it all the time!!   
Reds have to be burned by the shift more than any other team

This team just looks awful 
I’m sure Senzel is hurt after that catch, that didn’t take long!!

  • Author
14 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Castillo is not a pitcher, just a thrower, shows it all the time!!   
Reds have to be burned by the shift more than any other team

This team just looks awful 
I’m sure Senzel is hurt after that catch, that didn’t take long!!

Senzel pulled for his AB in the 4th. 

Suarez with a solo shot to lead off inning.

India gets his first major league hit, a double.

11-4 Cards

  • Author

Base running error cost the Reds a run and ends rally in 6th.  Geesh

11-6  Cards

I saw that weather forecast for record cold today and I said, we may see a double no hitter today.  :classic_huh:

You guys should be glad that you ran me off the board last year.  All the things that I talked about occurred in the opening game of 2021.  I would have 20 posts by now. LOL!!!

If they can consistently score 6 runs, they will win a lot of ball games.    Pitching will be the issue.

India is going to have to be an All-Star level player offensively to justify playing Suarez at shortstop every day.  He was a poor defensive shortstop when he was 5 years younger and 20 pounds lighter.  

19 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Castillo is not a pitcher, just a thrower, shows it all the time!!   
Reds have to be burned by the shift more than any other team

This team just looks awful 
I’m sure Senzel is hurt after that catch, that didn’t take long!!

Senzel = Brandon Larson

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.