Ashland 86 North Laurel 66

Ethan Sellars led a parade of 3-point shooters in an incredible shooting performance. It was 46-27 at the half behind Sellars 26 points. Sheppard 34 points but had 10 turnovers. Ashland 15 of 26 on 3-pointers and Sellars 37 points (14 of 21 from field, 7 of 10 from downtown). Cole Villers 19 points. Colin Porter 14 points and 12 assists. Zander Carter 11 points and six rebounds.

10 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

Tomcats were hot from 3 point land. Didn't seem like NL made any adjustments.

Ashland is very capable of making you regret not stopping them from shooting the 3.

Just now, DearToday said:

Sellars was the best player on the court. NL played sloppy defense and Ashland made them pay. Ashland shot lights out but the majority of those were wide open. 

I think the key to this game was defense. Ashland kept Shepard under control and defended the rest of the team too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, addout said:

I think the key to this game was defense. Ashland kept Shepard under control and defended the rest of the team too.

Agreed. Ashland took away the fast break rather well too. Noticed NL likes to leak out and get the break started. When Sellars nailed one, stole it, then nailed another in the first quarter you could tell it was going to be a long night. 

• Like 1

You can’t just replace two stars like Hudson and Bradley and expect to pick up where you left off. The Tomcats have some new  pieces this year and it’s taken some time for everyone one to adjust. Carter looks more comfortable every game. Hopefully by tournament time the Tomcats will be hitting on all cylinders just like they were last year.

• Like 5

😲  Wow!   I have a large deal of respect for Ashland - and I'm not shocked they won - but to beat North Laurel by 20 and hold them to 66...well, that's beyond impressive

Congrats to the Tomcats!

And I wonder what this means for tomorrow's North Laurel matchup with Lexington Catholic...hmmm??   Think North is stirred up enough for that game now (as if they weren't already fired up about facing the Knights????)???

CM

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ColonelMike said:

😲  Wow!   I have a large deal of respect for Ashland - and I'm not shocked they won - but to beat North Laurel by 20 and hold them to 66...well, that's beyond impressive

Congrats to the Tomcats!

And I wonder what this means for tomorrow's North Laurel matchup with Lexington Catholic...hmmm??   Think North is stirred up enough for that game now (as if they weren't already fired up about facing the Knights????)???

CM

Let's not forget that the score was 84-57 with 3:16 remaining in the 4th quarter when both coaches took their starters out.

• Like 3