Ole Miss 70 Kentucky 62

16thBBall Fan

Pathetic Ky basketball team with no heart and no courage. Cal hasn’t done his job once again because the Ole Miss talent level is not greater than Ky so I just wonder what Cal’s excuses will be this time around. I can guarantee you it won’t be on him.

7 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Maybe we can play Duke in the opening round of the NIT but right now I don't know if the Cats would even qualify for it.

Not taking a shot at you, but other than the name recognition, honestly how could they even be considered at all for any post season tournament?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Maybe we can play Duke in the opening round of the NIT but right now I don't know if the Cats would even qualify for it.

The NIT? UK could only be so lucky. Plus the NIT is only taking 16 teams this year.

That said, I would be up for that. The NIT is seldom interesting, and I would be all-in on a tournament featuring UK and Duke. So you take a spot from UT Chattanooga? Nobody really cares.

2 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

Pathetic Ky basketball team with no heart and no courage. Cal hasn’t done his job once again because the Ole Miss talent level is not greater than Ky so I just wonder what Cal’s excuses will be this time around. I can guarantee you it won’t be on him.

Last night had me wondering if the Florida game was the death nail. I am more in the camp that UK is not all that talented and has suffered immensely having no experience or off season work. I say that because I have always felt UK this year has battled (weakly), with many reasons to simply mail it in for the year. Last night did not feel like they had any energy. Funny thing is, you could tell they were prepared and I thought a lot of their offensive sets were well designed. Once they got over the high point of the Ole Miss zone, plays were there to be made, they just were not game enough to make them happen. Aside from Jackson, nobody is trustworthy going to the basket. And hell, he is fouling left and right, so that does no good, either.

16 minutes ago, bugatti said:

The NIT? UK could only be so lucky. Plus the NIT is only taking 16 teams this year.

That said, I would be up for that. The NIT is seldom interesting, and I would be all-in on a tournament featuring UK and Duke. So you take a spot from UT Chattanooga? Nobody really cares.

I agree and I would love to see UK in the NIT.

2 hours ago, brown4 said:

Not taking a shot at you, but other than the name recognition, honestly how could they even be considered at all for any post season tournament?

55 minutes ago, bugatti said:

9 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I agree with both that's why I said that in the 2nd part of my statement. I was actually saying the statement JA tongue in cheek. Plus a another bad break for Kentucky is also both the CIT and CBI tournaments are not being held this year. lol

6 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

Jackson & Sarr combined to get 6 rebounds.  Jackson & Sarr combined to get 7 fouls.

That's oddly... impressive? Jackson makes the most of his time on the court, that is for sure.

I hate when ESPN brings in the draft experts and shows the categories of which UK's projected first round picks (Jackson and Boston) grade as an A. Talk about painting a rosy picture.