Ole Miss 70 Kentucky 62

16thBBall Fan

4 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I hate when ESPN brings in the draft experts and shows the categories of which UK's projected first round picks (Jackson and Boston) grade as an A. Talk about painting a rosy picture.

Announcers from home are completely distracted. They aren't at the game so its hard to give detailed description of what's happening (and maybe more so, what they are hearing). There's no fan excitement for the announcers to comment on. So they've resorted to more and more of these discussions, interviews, and general annoyance. It hasn't been great.

18 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

I hated that segment.  

15 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Announcers from home are completely distracted. They aren't at the game so its hard to give detailed description of what's happening (and maybe more so, what they are hearing). There's no fan excitement for the announcers to comment on. So they've resorted to more and more of these discussions, interviews, and general annoyance. It hasn't been great.

As an NBA guy, I am all about getting the scoop; however, there is this unwritten rule you can't be even somewhat brutally honest about their draft grades on television.

Also with Boston, why does every shot look as if he is doing the overhead throw in from soccer?

My NBA Draft assessment: Jackson is the most ready to come in to the league, but needs to build some strength to stay out of foul trouble. I believe he could turn in to a really good 3 (or 4) and D guy with some shot development. His shot is not not as broken as I thought it was to start the year. If shot doesn't improve he will have to become a Kenneth Faried type.

Boston. Good luck.

• Like 1

Listening to Dykes, CAL looking to add 8 new players next season. He already has 4 so their won’t be many players back from this years team. Kentucky out of the power 6 programs is dead last in 2 point % and layup %. They are in bottom 3rd in 3 point % which equals a  8-15 record.

10 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Maybe we can play Duke in the opening round of the NIT but right now I don't know if the Cats would even qualify for it.

NIT has changed their rule for this season. A team with a losing record can make the field. That rule was changed just so KY can get an invite. Whether KY would accept the bid is anyone’s guess.

9 minutes ago, Tomcats1990 said:

NIT has changed their rule for this season. A team with a losing record can make the field. That rule was changed just so KY can get an invite. Whether KY would accept the bid is anyone’s guess.

I thought they had changed the rule but with cutting the field this year in half from 32 to 16 the way they are playing the last week unless they win a couple in the SEC tournament they may not even get a invite.

32 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Also with Boston, why does every shot look as if he is doing the overhead throw in from soccer?

My NBA Draft assessment: Jackson is the most ready to come in to the league, but needs to build some strength to stay out of foul trouble. I believe he could turn in to a really good 3 (or 4) and D guy with some shot development. His shot is not not as broken as I thought it was to start the year. If shot doesn't improve he will have to become a Kenneth Faried type.

Boston. Good luck.

Pretty accurate analysis.  

2 hours ago, bugatti said:

His shot has definitely improved. No reason to think he can't shoot even better with more practice and training in the NBA. Defense and shot blocking are plus skills, although staying out of foul trouble has been a problem. I'm not sure he's an All-Star but he has the skills to play in the league. I guess Boston could get there eventually. I'm not seeing it from anyone else. 

17 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

His shot has definitely improved. No reason to think he can't shoot even better with more practice and training in the NBA. Defense and shot blocking are plus skills, although staying out of foul trouble has been a problem. I'm not sure he's an All-Star but he has the skills to play in the league. I guess Boston could get there eventually. I'm not seeing it from anyone else. 

I agree. I would have liked to have seen Clarke develop more through the year to get a better evaluation. He moves a lot more like an NBA perimeter guy in the limited minutes he played. 

But yeah, I agree on the others. The NBA is weird though. Some random guy may end up making it that never registers. A good example is Mychal Mulder.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bugatti said:

The NIT? UK could only be so lucky. Plus the NIT is only taking 16 teams this year.

That said, I would be up for that. The NIT is seldom interesting, and I would be all-in on a tournament featuring UK and Duke. So you take a spot from UT Chattanooga? Nobody really cares.

I would say in a normal year, even this bad UK team may make the NIT,  because the organizers know the fans would travel to see them.   But if COVID means no fans, there is no motivation to take them.