All "A" State Tournament - FORMAT CHANGE

2 hours ago, Efhutton said:

Play it after region finals. If team makes Sweet 16, send runner up in region A tourney. Doesn’t need played at EKU if schedule conflict. A lot of high schools in Lexington area to use. Play boys A during girls Sweet 16 and girls during boys Sweet 16. Teams have earned the right the play, need to find a way!

I don't see the point in waiting until then. It seems to me they can find away to get this rolling much sooner than that. 

• Like 1

If covid spread is your concern I’ll take my chances with 16 teams in Rupp and 16 in Lexington area gyms rather 32 @ EKU in 5 day period. If A winner also make Sweet 16, sending A runner up is better than  giving another region A winner 1st round bye.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Efhutton said:

If covid spread is your concern I’ll take my chances with 16 teams in Rupp and 16 in Lexington area gyms rather 32 @ EKU in 5 day period. If A winner also make Sweet 16, sending A runner up is better than  giving another region A winner 1st round bye.

First, per KHSAA rules, once teams are eliminated from postseason competition they cannot compete in other games. That negates your suggestion.

Second, and more importantly, why wait for another month when this tournament could be played in the next week or so? Your heart is in the right place and I like your thinking, but make it happen sooner rather than later. 

• Like 2

Better chance mid- late March weather isn’t a factor. If they can play it next week, probably gets done, and A runner up not needed. After that who knows, weather forecasting above my pay grade. Normal year play by khsaa rulebook, 2020-2021 not normal. 

• Like 1

I would love to know who decided to use the word "cancelled" rather than "rescheduled" to begin with followed by announcing no refunds right behind that.  It sure seems this was handled very badly because it snowed some..unless it's true as some suggested in this thread that whoever was running this tournament was lookung for an out.  If that is the case it raises more serious questions about the leadership here.  This is not run by KHSAA correct?  Who is in charge?

Weather could still be factor if played in sectionals. Some may play while others get delayed, which creates another mess. Better playing after regionals like Sweet 16 and if 2 A schools, region winner and at large A runner up, are playing in March tournaments good for them. I prefer it be done this way every year, but sure khsaa doesn’t want A competing with Sweet 16 and understand. 

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Per PrepSpin on Twitter, it appears the All A will be played in sectionals and then on to a final four. No dates or other information as of yet. 

Y'know that you were the first to suggest this on here, so I wonder if the powers that be read your post and figured it might me worth looking in to. If so kudos to you for putting it out there. Great idea. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, B-Ball-fan said:

Y'know that you were the first to suggest this on here, so I wonder if the powers that be read your post and figured it might me worth looking in to. If so kudos to you for putting it out there. Great idea. 👍

If I’m not mistaken, I think @The Professor mentioned something about sectionals weeks ago after Owsley County won the 14th Region. I was riffing off that while making my post. No matter what caused the change, I’m just glad it’s being played!

• Like 2