Ray Valentine steps down as Berea Coach

18 hours ago, The Flea Market said:

Some might need to be? When I was a star player years ago, coach used to call me names and it never hurt me. I think it made me tougher and ready for life!

It is ironic that in this day and age when young people believe every other word must start with an F that people are worried about tough language. 

Personally, I think all profanity is stupid and is usually said by stupid people. I see no use for it but I am in a clear minority today.

7 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Personally, I think all profanity is stupid and is usually said by stupid people. I see no use for it but I am in a clear minority today.

Yes, you are. Saying someone is stupid because they cuss? That’s quite the stretch. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

It is ironic that in this day and age when young people believe every other word must start with an F that people are worried about tough language. 

My college football coach used to always tells us "all cussing is just a feeble mind trying to forcefully express itself".  I still remember that and although I don't think it necessarily applies to all situations, there is a lot of truth to it when you think about it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, All State Baseball said:

I'm not sure how deep this goes but I've been around coaches that's cussed and it's never bothered me.

For me, it’s always depended on the context. Was it a point of emphasis? Or did it cross into degradation? That line can be narrow. But when it’s crossed, things go badly.