Ray Valentine steps down as Berea Coach

16 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

It is ironic that in this day and age when young people believe every other word must start with an F that people are worried about tough language. 

Personally, I think all profanity is stupid and is usually said by stupid people. I see no use for it but I am in a clear minority today.

Just for kicks and giggles ... https://www.discovermagazine.com/health/worried-about-your-foul-mouth-swearing-could-actually-be-good-for-you

And this ... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-9189539/Science-reveals-swearing-sign-intelligence-creativity-helps-endure-pain.html

6 hours ago, gbballfan21 said:

OK, the second article is interesting.....and intriguing.

The first article really doesn't hold water.   Based on the author's conclusions, any forcefully-uttered word ("FIDDLESTICKS!") should produce the same positive benefit.   So why swear?

1 hour ago, ColonelMike said:

OK, the second article is interesting.....and intriguing.

The first article really doesn't hold water.   Based on the author's conclusions, any forcefully-uttered word ("FIDDLESTICKS!") should produce the same positive benefit.   So why swear?

Oh fudge. 

Sincerely,  Ralphie Parker 

• Haha 1

Swearing is a habit, and is often influenced by one’s environment. I changed jobs 10 days ago. I moved from one where that type of language was used in virtually every sentence, to a job with a completely different culture. I’ve noticed a change in my own vocabulary. 

For the past ten years I’ve turned the switch on and off based on whether I was at my “real” job or around the kids I work with. To say it’s a sign of limited intelligence or some sort of means to alleviate stress/increase health, is all fallacy. It’s simply a product of an environment.