Buccaneers 31 Packers 26 (NFC Championship)

A great time to live in Tampa Bay! The ending of the first half and start of the second half were huge. I thought the game was over after the Bucs were able to cash in on the turnover by the Packers to start the 3rd quarter. Those three interceptions on three straight series were concerning for me, but the Bucs defense did a great job of not allowing those turnovers to turn into points. I think the Packers were only able to get 3 maybe 6 points off of those 3 Bucs' turnovers; the Bucs were able to take those two Packers turnovers and convert them into 14 points. That is a big difference. Time to get ready for the Chiefs and see if Brady and company can get revenge on Mahomes. 

21 hours ago, bugatti said:

People are criticizing the decision to kick the FG, but Rodgers not trying to run for it was more egregious. 

I couldn't believe he didn't run it there.  He'll be kicking himself.  Even if it doesn't get all the way to the endzone, he sets up like 4th and 3.

Neither team looked sharp IMO.   Brady had the 3 int's.  The Packers gave up too much yardage on KO returns  and  TB enjoyed good field position.   The fumble by Jones (which TB earned by a good, well-placed hit) gave TB an easy touchdown.   #20 -King- for GB had a terrible game in the defensive back field.  TB was smart to exploit him.    GB had an inordinate number of drops. TB's D played well   Brady and TB did just enough to win. That's what it's all about.  

On 1/25/2021 at 10:24 AM, theguru said:

Did you watch any of the game swampy?

Nope. I point you back to this post I made in April...

https://bluegrasspreps.com/forums/topic/220610-gronk-to-the-bucs/?do=findComment&comment=4783208

I still stand by that post. My feelings toward Ndamukong Suh have not changed just because the Bucs are in the Super Bowl.  Again, I wish the Bucs well, but I have other things to do Super Bowl weekend. 

For what it is worth, if the Lightning were to obtain Brad Marshand I would cease to be a fan of the Bolts as well. 

1 minute ago, swamprat said:

Nope. I point you back to this post I made in April...

https://bluegrasspreps.com/forums/topic/220610-gronk-to-the-bucs/?do=findComment&comment=4783208

I still stand by that post. My feelings toward Ndamukong Suh have not changed just because the Bucs are in the Super Bowl.  Again, I wish the Bucs well, but I have other things to do Super Bowl weekend. 

For what it is worth, if the Lightning were to obtain Brad Marshand I would cease to be a fan of the Bolts as well. 

Come on man!  It is the Super Bowl!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, theguru said:

Come on man!  It is the Super Bowl!!

I have to be honest. I have never been more ambivalent toward any sporting event as I am this one and you know how I feel about the College Football Playoffs. It appears I am going through some kind of priorities shift due to age an situation. Should be interesting to see how this one plays out. 🙂

1 minute ago, swamprat said:

I have to be honest. I have never been more ambivalent toward any sporting event as I am this one and you know how I feel about the College Football Playoffs. It appears I am going through some kind of priorities shift due to age an situation. Should be interesting to see how this one plays out. 🙂

Please think about watching the Super Bowl, it is a major event each year on top of being "your team" at home. 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 5:48 PM, John Anthony said:

I could not believe he didn’t keep this in real time.  He was sprinting forward then decided to chuck it.

7E12856A-8651-45AA-A1ED-A8A07AFE6A1F.png

Could Rogers outrun #90? Would the DB's on the goal line get to him before he could score? I thought Rogers should run it also, but it isn't as open as I thought when watching it on TV. 

15 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Could Rogers outrun #90? Would the DB's on the goal line get to him before he could score? I thought Rogers should run it also, but it isn't as open as I thought when watching it on TV. 

I'm not sure he would have gotten all the way to the endzone, unless he made some major juke move or something.  But I bet he gets to maybe like the 3 and then Lafleur definitely goes for it.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I'm not sure he would have gotten all the way to the endzone, unless he made some major juke move or something.  But I bet he gets to maybe like the 3 and then Lafleur definitely goes for it.

Exactly.

And I hate these snapshot images because they make you believe all players are starting from that spot at a standstill. Rodgers didn't have a step, he had multiple steps on his nearest defenders.

• Like 2