Urban to the NFL? (Update: Hired by Jags)

Looks like the announcement to the Jags is eminent the first of the week. Urban is said to be assembling a staff this weekend. I'm sure having the #1 overall pick in the upcoming draft really helped sweeten the deal, that and a ginormous pile of cash.

Will he turn around the Jags?

He has told friends that the Chargers are coming after him too...are they really in play for him?

It’s pretty close to being done. It’s not 100% yet, but pretty close. No idea how Urban will do in the NFL, but the Jags were by far the youngest team in the league this year but have a good young core still and getting Trevor Lawrence can’t hurt. I don’t know how he’ll do, but it will definitely be interesting. No one in college football has ever been better at immediately turning around culture immediately. But Urban is also very dependent on his guys. Will be very curious to see the staff he puts together. 

Meyer seemingly was on the verge of hospitalization every time Florida or Ohio State lost. He’ll have to temper that in the NFL where there will be plenty of losses early and three or four losses per year even if you’re a title contender. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I was hoping the Bengals would get Urban. 

Mike Brown and Urban would be more toxic than Michael Drake and Urban. It just wouldn’t work. Urban is used to blank checks. Mike Brown would make him send a detailed invoice to buy more Gatorade cups in the locker room. Meanwhile Shad Khan has been wooing Urban on his mega yacht for the past 2 weeks. 

30 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

Mike Brown and Urban would be more toxic than Michael Drake and Urban. It just wouldn’t work. Urban is used to blank checks. Mike Brown would make him send a detailed invoice to buy more Gatorade cups in the locker room. Meanwhile Shad Khan has been wooing Urban on his mega yacht for the past 2 weeks. 

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Mike Brown would just tell him to re-use the Gatorade cups. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Mike Brown would just tell him to re-use the Gatorade cups. 

Mike Brown To Urban after seeing him throw a Gatorade cup in the trash: “Hey Urban, are you planning on drinking anymore Gatorade today?” 

Urban: “Huh? What are you talking about? Yeah I’ll probably drink more Gatorade today, why?” 

MB: “ Well around here we like to be resourceful so if you’re planning on drinking more Gatorade today here’s a sharpie and just write your name on it and use it the rest of the day. You know Burrow only has 4 more years left on his rookie deal. We need to start saving pennies now.” *chuckles* 

Urban: *Cyst on his brain immediately flairs up* 

25 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

Mike Brown To Urban after seeing him throw a Gatorade cup in the trash: “Hey Urban, are you planning on drinking anymore Gatorade today?” 

Urban: “Huh? What are you talking about? Yeah I’ll probably drink more Gatorade today, why?” 

MB: “ Well around here we like to be resourceful so if you’re planning on drinking more Gatorade today here’s a sharpie and just write your name on it and use it the rest of the day. You know Burrow only has 4 more years left on his rookie deal. We need to start saving pennies now.” *chuckles* 

Urban: *Cyst on his brain immediately flairs up* 

Mike Brown's idol...Rachel Phelps.

"Maybe the problem is... we're coddling these guys too much. Yeah!"

• Like 2